We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Stansted to London Center

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
75 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
London Stansted to London Center

Hi!

I'm flying to London in November and will be flying in Stansted. I'm having trouble finding which bus service is the best/cheapest to use. Any help/advice for the best one? We'll be getting in late at 11pm and then leaving early at 7am, so not sure if that's even possible.

Thanks!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,670 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Stansted to London Center

Do you mean 7am the next morning? Do you have any ideas on where you might be staying and what dates are you asking about?

London
Level Contributor
10,205 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Stansted to London Center

Central London covers a vast area. We'd need a more precise address before giving tailored advice.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Stansted to London Center

If I am reading this correctly your are arriving at Stansted at 11pm, then flying out of Stansted at 7am the next morning ?

If so then I would suggest a hotel as close to Stansted Airport as possible, and forget about trying to get into Central London.

California
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London Stansted to London Center

Agreed, stay near the airport. You'll be spending a lot of time and money traveling to/from Stansted and won't get much sleep.

Edited: 29 September 2013, 20:55
Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
75 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Stansted to London Center

I'm sorry, I mistyped, I am flying in midnight Thursday and leaving from London Stansted again at 7am Sunday morning.

I am trying to get close to Blackfriars? Does that sound right? I saw there is the National Express bus but it seems expensive. I am happy to take a cheap bus and then take the Underground. I will only have one small bag.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,570 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London Stansted to London Center

Going to Blackfriars makes sense if your hotel is near Blackfriars. If your flight gets in at midnight, you cannot get to central London before the last tubes have gone. You could get the National Express coach from Stansted to Liverpool Street and then get an 11/N11 bus, which will drop you off at Ludgate Circus, a 5-10 minute walk from Blackfriars tube station.

I am not aware of any reliable services to Stansted that are cheaper than National Express. (Have a good search on this forum before booking Easybus.) Stansted is a long way out of London. Even with good traffic it's 40 miles/an hour away from somewhere like Blackfriars, so you won't find a cheap, reliabe way of getting there.

Edited: 02 October 2013, 17:20
7. Re: London Stansted to London Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2014, 05:18