We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I crazy for not making a schedule?

Carrollton, Texas...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Am I crazy for not making a schedule?

My 17 yr old and I are traveling to London arriving Nov 22 leaving the 28th. My mother will be coming into London from a business trip the 22- 25. We have our list of things we want to see but no formal plan. I've been to London but it's been 14 yrs same for my mother. Other than making sure to do some of the things all 3 want to do High tea, St. Paul cathedral and a nice dinner out plus lots of walking around we're playing it by ear.

Am I crazy for not having it more scheduled?

Gouda, The...
Level Contributor
407 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Am I crazy for not making a schedule?

I do some research to know what there is to see and do. Then I make only the reservations which are necessary (like afternoon tea, Ceremony of the keys, etc). All the other places to visit I pin in a map on my iphone. I use now citymaps2go. Then I can see what is close to each other. Works for me!

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,328 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Am I crazy for not making a schedule?

www.walkit.com is useful for planning distances.

It sounds a lovely way to see a city.

Edited: 29 September 2013, 20:30
Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Am I crazy for not making a schedule?

What a pleasure to find a visitor who doesn't want to make a strict itinerary. Go with the mood of the day - and the weather - is definitely best.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
28,288 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Am I crazy for not making a schedule?

A huge relief to find someone who just goes to enjoy the city.

I make a plan of things to see, when they are open and how to get there. I also and print off a street map.

Never yet have I stuck to it. There's always something unexpected that takes my attention.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,002 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Am I crazy for not making a schedule?

'I would do some research and if anything interests you make a note of it and keep it in mind. People visit london for all sorts of reasons and I'm guessing for some it's a once in a life time opportunity where they don't want to waste any time or money getting it wrong, so make a itinerary. This of course won't work for everyone and by the sounds of it, going with the flow would suit you much better, it'll be a lot less stressful and I'm sure more enjoyable.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,383 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Am I crazy for not making a schedule?

Crazy ? Absolutely not, quite the opposite in fact. It really is a refreshing change to read a post from someone who is not trying to plan a military style route march through London and the UK with a timetable in one hand and a stopwatch in the other.

Whilst the London Underground ( tube ) is an efficient way of travelling around, for an overall view and experience of our great City you can't beat using the buses or walking. Come and enjoy all London has to offer.

Carrollton, Texas...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Am I crazy for not making a schedule?

Thank you everyone.

28. Re: Am I crazy for not making a schedule?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2014, 06:24