We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private transfer to Heathrow - how much time?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
326 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Private transfer to Heathrow - how much time?

I am leaving 9PM on a long haul flight on a Sunday night. I wanted to have roughly an hour to shop (more like look around really) at Terminal 5 which is where my flight departs from. If I leave by 4PM from the Trafalgar area, will this give me enough time allowing for check in, security and travel time from city to Heathrow?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,364 Reviews
from US$130.60*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,131 Reviews
from US$139.30*
US$154.70
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
519 Reviews
from US$117.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
478 Reviews
from US$347.80*
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private transfer to Heathrow - how much time?

Yes that's plenty of time, indeed unless you are travelling business or first class or don't have any luggage, you could leave an hour later, because BA won't let you bag drop at T5 until 3 hours before departure and your trip will take about an hour. There won't be a need to leave any earlier than 430 although if you feel you'll be hanging round London at that time as shops will be closed, no harm in hanging around T5 instead I suppose.

Edited: 30 September 2013, 08:28
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,081 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Private transfer to Heathrow - how much time?

It's Trafalgar Square - do get used to using the full names of places before you end up in Edgware instead of Edgware Road.

Do you need a private transfer? It's simplicity itself to travel from Leicester Square or Piccadilly Circus direct to Heathrow by Tube or from Embankment with a simple change at Hammersmith

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
326 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private transfer to Heathrow - how much time?

Thanks.

I'm with my kids and some luggage hence I prefer a private airport transfer.

If we don't get to check in until 3hours before departure, it does limit our shopping time inside I suppose. Would there be long queues inside after check in - immigration and security?

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,388 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Private transfer to Heathrow - how much time?

There are no immigration checks on departure

Security varies - they do try to keep the queues moving though. I've never taken THAT long but it can happen. Half hour max from getting in the checkin queue to clearing security is my experience

5. Re: Private transfer to Heathrow - how much time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 06:19