We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon tea and tour for mums 60th?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North West
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Afternoon tea and tour for mums 60th?

Hello,

My sister and I would like to treat my mum to a trip to London overnight, to include afternoon tea and a tour (bus or boat). Claridges is fully booked.....so where do people suggest?? What is the best London tour? Where is a great place to eat for supper? Steak, English menu??

Do people know anywhere to stay that is reasonable? Just one night mid-week? Suite or a couple of rooms?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Rebecca

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,443 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon tea and tour for mums 60th?

Afternoon tea: The Dorchester is excellent and Fortnum & Mason is another choice, as is The Capital Hotel.

Can you please define your hotel 'reasonable' into £.

Thanks.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,034 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon tea and tour for mums 60th?

Rules might be the place for your evening dinner, but after a full tea, you might not be that hungry....

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,719 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon tea and tour for mums 60th?

A budget would help. And do we require one, two or three rooms?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Afternoon tea and tour for mums 60th?

For restaurant suggestions check out the www.toptable.co.uk they list by location and cuisine and have sample menus for every restaurant listed and for hotels check out this price comparison website www.hotelscombined.com

Without a buget it's difficult to be able to recommend anywhere in particular.

Rutland, UK
Level Contributor
5,312 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Afternoon tea and tour for mums 60th?

I agree that after afternoon tea you really might not feel like eating much in the evening. My suggestion is to consider staying at Hotel 41. It is at the expensive end of 'reasonable' but it is a fabulous hotel, consistently ranked in the top half dozen London hotels on TA. My specific reason for recommending Hotel 41 is that they have a free 'plunder the pantry' facility. There are lots of really tasty snacks which you can eat in their very stylish lounge. Offset the cost of a meal for three against the cost of Hotel 41and it might fall within budget.

For afternoon tea I recommend Brown's Hotel (it's where Agatha Christie wrote 'At Bertram's Hotel' and for a quirky and extremely well reviewed tour try www.smallcarbigcity.com

Great Yarmouth...
Destination Expert
for Norwich, Great Yarmouth
Level Contributor
564 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Afternoon tea and tour for mums 60th?

If you've had a full afternoon tea, rather than going for a meal how about a show. Sure she'd love Lion King or Top Hat. Alternatively you could take an evening boat trip. City Cruises have all manner of boat trips and do an evening cruise with wine and buffet.

Have a great time whatever you decide.

7. Re: Afternoon tea and tour for mums 60th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 05:20