We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel & theatre break - end of October

England
Level Contributor
90 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel & theatre break - end of October

Hi, finally persuaded my hubby to go and see Jersey Boys in London - any advice appreciated on best way to book? Are the online 'theatre and hotel break company's' any good - any recommendations appreciated. Will be doing matinee on Sunday afternoon, so one night stay?

Thanks, Jackie O

London
Level Contributor
23 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel & theatre break - end of October

Not sure about those package deals but when I booked this for my mum, the best seats and prices were on the theatre's own website rather than Ticketmaster - still far from cheap though.

jerseyboyslondon.com/outbound_ticketsPT.html

However, whilst it is very expensive, she loved it and everyone else says the same.

As for booking a hotel, Hotels.com or Booking.com usually do the business.

Great Yarmouth...
Destination Expert
for Norwich, Great Yarmouth
Level Contributor
598 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel & theatre break - end of October

I go with the theatre's website for tickets too. We usually stay at the Travelodge in Covent garden for a one nighter and breakfast in one of the cafes in Neal Street area.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,496 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel & theatre break - end of October

That show won't sell out. Buy from the theatre on the day.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,361 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel & theatre break - end of October

I would book direct with the box office.

However, if you want to risk it, this show is discounted at the Leicester Square ticket booth currently and has been for a while. You can book tickets up to 7 days in advance.

www.tkts.co.uk

I have booked hotel/theatre packages but years ago and they weren't cheap. Now I go the independent route which I would suggest that you do.

For hotels I always use laterooms and they have never let me down.

Hope that helps.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,073 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel & theatre break - end of October

Careful about 'theatre and hotel break company's'. I remember a thread from a number of months back where people had paid hundreds of pounds and when they arrived at the theatre, no booking existed and they had great difficulty in obtaining a refund or even getting in touch with the company, who'd either gone into liquidation or done a runner.

Rutland, UK
Level Contributor
5,684 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel & theatre break - end of October

Why let the company pick your theatre seat and hotel, neither of which is necessarily what you'd choose, when it is so easy to do it yourself? You don't go to a restaurant and ask the waiter to pick your meal for you.

For the theatre ticket go to the theatre's own website and crosscheck the seats they're offering with Theatremonkey. For hotels just browse this forum once you've established your budget.

BTW, I loved Jersey Boys. Great choice.

7. Re: Hotel & theatre break - end of October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2014, 06:20