We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Luton airport to Elstree

Edinburgh , Scotland
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Luton airport to Elstree

Asked this on the Luton forum but doesn't look very active at all. I'm flying into Luton at 9.30pm on a Friday and need to get to a hotel in Elstree. Taxi fares seem to range massively between £30 and £80. Anyone on here have a better idea or should I just pick up a black cab from the rank at the airport? Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Luton airport to Elstree

I reckon your looking at between £45-£55

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,686 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Luton airport to Elstree

Train ticket between Luton Airport and Elstree & Borehamwood costs £10.20 single and includes the bus link from the Airport Terminal to Luton Airport Parkway Station. Buy from the First Capital Connect desk at the Onward Travel Centre inside the Terminal, or at the machine by the bus stop.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Luton airport to Elstree

An alternative (I won't say it's better but it's certainly cheaper by a long way) is to get the shuttle bus from the airport to Parkway station, a train to Elstree and Borehamwood station and the 107 bus to the edge of the industrial estate on which the hotel is located and walk the last few hundred yards

Total cost £10.20 plus £2.40 for the 107 bus which runs until about midnight

Edited: 02 October 2013, 10:17
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,876 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Luton airport to Elstree

Wirewiper, thanks for the tip! I'm flying into Luton next week and will be picked up by my sister at Elstree station. I would not have thought to buy the train ticket inside the airport terminal.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Luton airport to Elstree

Black cab at the airport will get expensive, I use www.drivemetotheairport.co.uk to get quotes from multiple taxi companies at once. Gives you a chance to read about the company as well and book online when you want

6. Re: Taxi from Luton airport to Elstree

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 12:40
7. Re: Taxi from Luton airport to Elstree

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 12:40
Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,076 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Luton airport to Elstree

Stop spamming. Reported. Twice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
958 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Luton airport to Elstree

I live reasonably near Elstree and recently paid £38.00 for same journey but going to airport. Was quoted £45 for return. Try ABA cars in Borehamwood, haven't used them myself but they look a reasonably big and reputable outfit. If you're getting train to B'wood and Elstree you still need to do onward travel to Elstree and with a car journey being so quick at that time of night (35-40 mins) I think I'd rather cut out the hassle and just get a cab the entire way.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,524 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from Luton airport to Elstree

For heaven's sake this thread has been necro'd by a spammer. Posts 6/7 reported.