We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stratford International to St Pancras High speed trains

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
31 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Stratford International to St Pancras High speed trains

Hi, I wondered if anyone could help me please. I don't know London at all really & need to get one of the high speed trains from Stratford International to St Pancras, however I find Stratford International station very confusing. Does anyone know which part of the station I need to go from (& do the platforms vary?) please. I know you can't use an Oyster card on this service so is it best to buy tickets online in advance, or get them at the station? I have no experience with train travel let alone in London, help please!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Stratford International to St Pancras High speed trains

Hello

nationalrail.co.uk/stations/SFA/details.html

gives details about Stratford International Station, including a plan of the station, the address and how to get there. When you get there, you will see the main concourse, and the route to the platforms is signposted. There is an electronic display in the concourse which will tell you the time of the next train and which platform it leaves from.

There is a ticket office and ticket machines at the station. You can buy tickets on line if you want to, but there is no price advantage in doing so.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stratford International to St Pancras High speed trains

Stratford International is simple to navigate. It's not very big and there are only 4 platforms, only two of which are used. All trains depart from the island platform in the middle, one side for services to Kent, the other for services into St. Pancras. It's all clearly marked, with departure displays for each platform.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stratford International to St Pancras High speed trains

I suspect it's the Stratford domestic station and DLR that you find confusing - International is a separate station - a simple one as others have said

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,463 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stratford International to St Pancras High speed trains

Stratford International is not the main Stratford station. As Bungle indicates, it's a small station with only 2 platforms in use. (There is also a DLR station attached.) The signage is good and it will be almost impossible to get lost.

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
31 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stratford International to St Pancras High speed trains

That's a great help, many thanks to all of you.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stratford International to St Pancras High speed trains

Although finding your away around Stratford International is straightforward, depending on where you are in Stratford, actually finding the station is less easy. It is at the far end of the Westfield Stratford Shopping Centre from the main train and undergound station. There is reasonable signs inside the shopping centre.

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,054 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stratford International to St Pancras High speed trains

"I ...need to get one of the high speed trains from Stratford International to St Pancras"

Why do you *need* to go that way, and where are you starting from? If you just want to experience one of the high speed trains, fair enough, but all you'll get is 7 minutes in a tunnel. From the main Stratford station, either take the DLR to Stratford International or walk through the Westfield Stratford City shopping mall. Buy your high-speed ticket when you get there.

But you won't necessarily arrive at St Pancras any quicker if you are starting from Stratford main station.

8. Re: Stratford International to St Pancras High speed trains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 06:19