We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from London Brigde area to Barbecoa resturant, cost?

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
678 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from London Brigde area to Barbecoa resturant, cost?

Well it once again time for the annual London long weekend, once again the partner in crime is Mrs. Erikderek. I have booked a table at Barbecoa for us to enjoy. How much would a taxi cost one way, also what would be the smartest tube station, there are few within, I suspect Northern line straight forward to to Bank and then walk?

@adamhornets, no football this time. I made an epic mental mind f**k when I researched my travel dates. I browsed through the schedule and saw that my bellowed team plays away the gameweek leading up to my travel dates and jumped to conclusion... Only to find out that they are playing a double header away after I booked flight and hotel, and mind you they play @Sunderland for that weekend, not a daytrip from London, LOL. This will feel awkward at least.

EK

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,524 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from London Brigde area to Barbecoa resturant, cost?

About a tenner. But the 17 bus goes from London Bridge to St Paul's churchyard/cathedral for One New Change, practically opposite Barbecoa.

Edited: 11 October 2013, 19:19
Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
678 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from London Brigde area to Barbecoa resturant, cost?

Thank you for the reply, I really never thought about taking the bus, that will use give us a nice view of Tower bridge.

EK

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,524 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from London Brigde area to Barbecoa resturant, cost?

It will indeed (to your right as you go over London Bridge). It's walkable if the weather's OK - about 20-25 minutes depending on your start point.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,315 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from London Brigde area to Barbecoa resturant, cost?

Another vote for the 17. tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…london-bridge.pdf Alight at St Paul's churchyard and admire the well-lit cathedral from a different angle. tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/st-p…

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
678 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from London Brigde area to Barbecoa resturant, cost?

Thank you all for the replies.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,984 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from London Brigde area to Barbecoa resturant, cost?

Erik,

Train from Kings Cross Newcastle and then another train to Sunderland. Easy peasey. I did this once with Watford many years ago and we even had the players buying us beer on the return journey. Not something that would happen today as most won't even know what a train looks like as they fly up in 45 minutes on their private chartered plane!

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
678 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from London Brigde area to Barbecoa resturant, cost?

That would have been an epic train trip, I would do the tip without any hesitation but I assume that Erikderek would be somewhat recalcitrant to the idea of a cross country rail trip on a precious Saturday (although she wouldn't mind a game at WHL or a London derby).

I can't wait until my boys (7 and 2.5 yrs. old) are old enough to travel with me on football trips to Spurs home and away games.

EK

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
678 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from London Brigde area to Barbecoa resturant, cost?

I forgot to add;

The good old days, as you said this would never happen now days. Even if I like the football that is played nowadays more, the "game-day-feeling" was far better back in the days.

EK

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
678 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from London Brigde area to Barbecoa resturant, cost?

Another question turned up in my mind, if we would fancy a pint or some drinks after the dinner; can you please recommend a place nearby (preferably within walking distance) for us to visit (we are in our mid 30ths)?

EK

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,984 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from London Brigde area to Barbecoa resturant, cost?

Not the greatest selection of pubs within walking distance. I would probably go with this one - shepherdneame.co.uk/pubs/moorgate/old-doctor…