We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria area to Tower of London/ Tower Bridge?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
379 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Victoria area to Tower of London/ Tower Bridge?

Hi, what is the easiest way to get to TowerBridge/ Tower of London from Victoria area? Are they both within walking distance of each other and how far from each to St Pauls Cathedral. I dont use the underground, prefer to walk, bus or taxi (if not too expensive) thanks in advance.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,394 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria area to Tower of London/ Tower Bridge?

I notice you are posting other questions about travelling around London.

I suggest to use the Journey planner on the Transport for London website. This gives you the option to input any special requirements you may have, and you can also uncheck various modes if you want to exclude them form your enquiry. Have a look at it and you will see what I mean.

…tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2…

That said, it's a pity you don't use the Underground as it really is the best way of getting from Victoria to Tower Hill. Otherwise you have to get the 11 bus to St Paul's and change there to the no. 15.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,009 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria area to Tower of London/ Tower Bridge?

The Tube line between Victoria and Tower Hill (Circle or District) uses mainline sized stock if that is your concern?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
379 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria area to Tower of London/ Tower Bridge?

This is really helpful, I wasn't aware of this journey planner. I will make good use of it. Many thanks.

I was a bit aware I may have been doing question overload but I am really very unsure of distances between landmarks/areas and my fear of the underground is very debilitating. I am very grateful for everyone's help.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
379 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Victoria area to Tower of London/ Tower Bridge?

I have had a look at the journey planner. What can I say, brilliant! I will download onto my ipad and iphone now. The most useful website - could have saved me hours of surfing. Once again, many thanks.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,834 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Victoria area to Tower of London/ Tower Bridge?

www.walkit.com is also handy for when you're above ground.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,384 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Victoria area to Tower of London/ Tower Bridge?

btw if you use the TFL planner, but want just bus options you need to deselect all modes except bus. Otherwise it defaults to the fastest which is usually the tube.

For VIctoria/St Paul's/Tower hill you can for example get the no 11 bus (Victoria to St Paul's) and the no 15 from St Paul's to Tower Hill or vice versa and at least see stuff along the way.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,356 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Victoria area to Tower of London/ Tower Bridge?

Try this site for an idea of taxi costs as well www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=London

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Victoria area to Tower of London/ Tower Bridge?

To give you some idea of distance it's about 4 miles between Victoria and Tower Bridge so roughly Glasgow Central station to Bishopbriggs give or take a few hundred metres/yards, but the walk along the embankment will probably be a lot nicer.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
379 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Victoria area to Tower of London/ Tower Bridge?

That is interesting - for some reason I thought it was much further. Had we been going for longer than 2 days we would have walked it. I have yet to find someone who believes we walked from the Latin Quarter in Paris to the Eiffel Towe up to the Champs Elysee and back - but that was with plenty of time on our hands.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,105 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Victoria area to Tower of London/ Tower Bridge?

The 11 and 15 as above are the most straightforward bus routes between Victoria and the Tower. Take the 11 to St Paul's and the 15 towards Blackwall from there. tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…victoria-180513.pdf and tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/st-p…

There are half a dozen Routemasters on the Heritage 15 route between Trafalgar Square and the Tower. PAYG on Oyster and Travelcards are accepted on them as on any other London red bus.

The RV1 from the Tower to County Hall, for the walk across Westminser Bridge and back to Victoria may be an option for you too. tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/towe… tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…county-hall-a4.pdf