We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premier League Matches on April 19th, 2014

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Premier League Matches on April 19th, 2014

Hi all,

I will be in London the weekend of Saturday, April 19th and need to know if any EPL matches happening in London on Saturday, April 19th

Chelsea vs Sunderland (15:00)

Tottenham vs Fulham (15:00)

West Ham vs Crystal Palace (15:00)

have a possibility/likelihood of being rescheduled for Live TV or because of continental play. If so, what will be the likely date and time range of the rescheduled match?

I'm asking this because I was informed that the Liverpool vs Chelsea fixture in Liverpool the following weekend in Liverpool that I wanted to see was most likely going to be rescheduled.

Many thanks,

Gary

London, United...
Level Contributor
722 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Premier League Matches on April 19th, 2014

At this point, I'd say it is NOT likely that hey will reschedule matches that weekend. There are no continental matches played in that week. However, unforeseen things may occur (ie. transportation strike or other severe transportation problems and various surprising circumstances.). This is the Easter Weekend of 2014. The TV-program is not official yet, but they rarely move matches due to broadcasting schedule.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
883 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Premier League Matches on April 19th, 2014

Some PL games will be moved that weekend from the Saturday to either the Sunday or Monday, and kick off times will vary to suit TV scheduling. As to which games these will be, nobody knows at this point in time, they have only finalised kick off times up to Christmas so far.

London, United...
Level Contributor
958 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Premier League Matches on April 19th, 2014

Of that weekend's fixtures only Everton v Man Utd stands out as a definite TV fixture so all three have the possibility of rescheduling. I wouldn't make any plans until the TV schedules are finalised, which won't be for some time I'm afraid as April 19th is approaching end of season and TV will want every fixture to me meaningful.

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
7,942 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Premier League Matches on April 19th, 2014

Answer #1 is misleading.

Not only is it likely that matches will be rescheduled, it is certain. Matches get rescheduled on every single weekend of the season. It's just not possible t this point to forecast which ones will be moved that weekend.

As an illustration, out of 10 PL fixtures this coming weekend, 4 have been rescheduled for broadcast: one to 1245 on Sat, one to 1730 on sat, one to Sunday and one to Monday night. Wouldn't call that 'rarely'.

Edited: 16 October 2013, 09:55
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Premier League Matches on April 19th, 2014

Thank you everyone. I appreciate the helpful responses.

Is the TV schedule finalized AFTER tickets go on sale or before. Also, is Sunday morning likely a rescheduled date than Monday?

If TV is scheduling is the reason for rescheduling match, is it pretty much guaranteed to be some other time on the Saturday or Sunday or Monday, or is it as likely to be rescheduled for some other week or mid week?

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,331 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Premier League Matches on April 19th, 2014

Any games that are re-scheduled from 3pm Saturday, will be moved to either lunchtime Saturday or Sunday, or 4pm Sunday or Monday evening.

We won't know which games are being moved until around Christmastime when they publish their TV schedules

The games are unlikely to change after tickets are sold

London, United...
Level Contributor
722 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Premier League Matches on April 19th, 2014

Absolutely, the others are quite right. I was too caught up in the case surrounding continental matches, which doesn't come into play for that weekend.

However, the broadcasting schedule is only finalized through the 1. of January. Meaning that they WILL move two matches from Saturday to Sunday, and most likely also move matches to an earlier/later time on Saturday.

I'm surprised that they have two London derbies and three matches overall scheduled in London that day. That leads me to believe that there will be changes in time and/or date in more than one of those fixtures, to spread travelling within London more evenly throughout the weekend. Perhaps they'll go for one derby on Saturday and one on Sunday?

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
7,942 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Premier League Matches on April 19th, 2014

"If TV is scheduling is the reason for rescheduling match, is it pretty much guaranteed to be some other time on the Saturday or Sunday or Monday, or is it as likely to be rescheduled for some other week or mid week?"

Yes this is correct. Pretty much the only way it would end up outside of that Sat/Sun/Mon would be if non-standard (weather etc) factors intervene.

London
Level Contributor
2,214 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Premier League Matches on April 19th, 2014

'I'm surprised that they have two London derbies and three matches overall scheduled in London that day. That leads me to believe that there will be changes in time and/or date in more than one of those fixtures'.

You can bet your house on it - the Police will probably insist one is moved, I would hazard a guess Totnum/Fulham.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,285 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Premier League Matches on April 19th, 2014

Matches towards the end of the season are subject to rescheduling at short notice (just a few weeks before). The TV companies want to broadcast the most "meaningful" matches at the time that involve the title, Champions League qualification and relegation, so they want to wait until as late as practical to choose.

Therefore you need to keep watching the fixture lists through March at least.

And don't forget there are some good matches in the Championship and Leagues 1 and 2. Leyton Orient v Wolves in League 1 looks like it could be a good'un. Though that may even get rescheduled for Sky as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc…