We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cartwright Gardens or Gloucester Road?

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
Cartwright Gardens or Gloucester Road?

Hi all, I am in the early stages of planning a ‘babymoon’ in London in early March. I would hope to go for 5-6 nights. As I will be 27/28 weeks pregnant, proximity to a tube is important to me! I think I would like to stay in an aparthotel to get a little extra space and have the option of saving some money on breakfast etc. I have narrowed my choice down to Studios2let in Cartwright Gardens or Citadines on Gloucester Road. I am just wondering if one location has more to offer in the way of local amenities e.g. shop for buying supplies, bakery for fresh breakfast items, pubs/restaurants for cheap, convenient dinners etc

I have actually stayed in Bloomsbury twice before (Royal National and Tavistock) and like the area. Just wondering if we should chose the South Kensington base for a change of scene? We will probably visit the British Museum and maybe the National History Museum.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,997 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cartwright Gardens or Gloucester Road?

South Kensington should suit you fine, it's more upmarket than Bloomsbury and has a good selection of pubs and restaurants for all budgets. It's on the circle line so getting around town is easy.

hfx
Level Contributor
4,878 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cartwright Gardens or Gloucester Road?

Gloucester Rd is a great location. We rented an apartment at Cornwall Gardens, and really liked the location. Lots of amenities nearby, and easy to get around.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cartwright Gardens or Gloucester Road?

Thanks for the replies, I do like the South Kensington location of the Citadines, but unfortunately the price seems to have increased from round the £100 mark to £117 overnight! This leaves it quite a bit more expensive than Studios2let, so I think price will triumph over location in this instance!

Perth
Level Contributor
436 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cartwright Gardens or Gloucester Road?

Hi there. You mentioned renting an apartment in Cornwall Gardens. I am considering one there at the moment which is advertised by A Place Like Home? Is that who you rented through, and what was the experience like? It seems to have everything going for it, and I do like to rent through an agency rather than direct with an owner.

Cheers ... Geebee2

5. Re: Cartwright Gardens or Gloucester Road?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 05:18