We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Cheap transportation in London and Paris, Please

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Advice on Cheap transportation in London and Paris, Please

Hello! I have plane tickets to go from Dublin to London Stansted while I spend the weekend with my boyfriend (he is visiting me while I study abroad!).

I am trying to find cheap transportation from the airports and train station to the main parts of the city. We are starting at the London Stansted airport to City Centre. And from City Centre to London St. Pancras for our train to Paris the next day. We will be in Paris Gare Du Nord train station and most people say that Bus 42 is the one to take.

Any advice will be nice.

Sincerely, Jessica

Essex
Level Contributor
27,478 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Cheap transportation in London and Paris, Please

Umm

You are posting on the Belfast forum...

I see you come from there, but that is not how TA works!

London has a forum of its own, for questions about London...

Paris has a forum of its own, for questions about Paris....

Depends what you want to do in each city, your budget and ultimately, time available...

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Cheap transportation in London and Paris, Please

Hi TheTravelGypsy,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question on the Belfast forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the London forum. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,093 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Cheap transportation in London and Paris, Please

The airport website has that sort of information

stanstedairport.com/transport-and-directions

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,278 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on Cheap transportation in London and Paris, Please

From Stansted to London is over 30 miles,& the Terravision coach is generally reckoned the cheapest, but many travellers prefer the National Express caoch to Stratford, from where you can get to any part of London on the Tube or Overground. You can also get the Stansted Flyer to Liverpool St or Tottenham Hale (connections to west end) but that is quite expensive.

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,011 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on Cheap transportation in London and Paris, Please

We could give more advice if you told us where in London you are staying. The "City Centre" is not a single location. For advice re Paris, post on the Paris forum, but tell them where you are staying. Otherwise they won't know if bus 42 is the one to take.

6. Re: Advice on Cheap transportation in London and Paris, Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 06:21