We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
hamilton
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Topic
Buckingham Palace guided tour question

I would like to hear if this tour is worthwhile. I had not heard about this tour until yesterday. I vaguely remember Buckingham Palace when I visited one summer when tours first started. I wasn't on a guided tour. Is there any advantage to taking the tour during daylight - such as to view the gardens when inside the palace or to walk through the gardens on entrance/exit?

Thanks.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,544 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buckingham Palace guided tour question

You can only go at certain times of year, anyway.

When are YOU proposing to visit?

hamilton
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buckingham Palace guided tour question

This will be in December, this year. I didn't knw that Buckingham Palace opens outside of the summer season until now. Is this something new?

Essex
Level Contributor
28,544 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buckingham Palace guided tour question

royalcollection.org.uk/visit/…plan-your-visit

Wooo, that is new...

Queenie must be getting short of a bob or 2....

hamilton
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buckingham Palace guided tour question

How long have teh guided tours been available? It's recent I guess there won't be much feedback.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buckingham Palace guided tour question

This is the "small party" guided tour, only about 30 people in the group, well worth it IMO but it is about 3x the cost of the standard daytime ones. Both I and MrsJoe have done it (separately) and very much enjoyed it. You don't see the grounds but I'm not not sure you see much when you see those and in any case I think you'll see a lot more of the palace, friend of mine did the "ordinary" daytime tour and wasn't that wowed mainly because there were so many people and it was hard to see a lot if stuff, he said well over 100.(I have a recollection of 200 but that seems far too many. Anyone know?)

Plus at this price you aren't going to get many (if any) kids so its a lot quieter, no one dragging their kids round who have no interest in this and kick up a fuss when they are bored.

hamilton
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Buckingham Palace guided tour question

joeintheuk, did you wak outside the palace (within the palace complex) much on the tour? I'm debating if I should book for a tour that operates during daylight hours.

7. Re: Buckingham Palace guided tour question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 06:20