We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding last minute family rooms

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
2,752 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Finding last minute family rooms

Has anyone got any tips for finding hotels with family rooms at short notice? I've tried TA, lastminute.com, trivago ... none of them can cope with searches for family rooms. They return hotels that only have doubles, hotels that only sleep 3 per room when you asked for 4, hotels that they claim are available, but aren't when you ask. Plus London's so big & there are so many options. I know it's half term, and if they're all full, that's just tough. I'm so irritated with hotel websites that can't cope with family bookings!

I'm looking for space for 4 of us ; 2 singles for the kids.

Thanks for any pointers.. at this evening's rate of progress I'll still be searching on Monday. :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finding last minute family rooms

Try chains like travel lodge, premier inn etc they are good for searching family rooms. Hope you manage to find something suitable :)

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
19,806 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finding last minute family rooms

Have you looked at Tex_Scott II's lists?

Scroll down to page two.

https:/…

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,392 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finding last minute family rooms

Novotel and Premier Inn are two good chains that have genuine family rooms (book direct), although children must be 15 or less (PI).

Also the HIlton Metropole may have something as may the Royal Garden.

I think somewhere on Tex's list there are hotel which have triple and quad rooms which may be what you need rather than family like the Jesmond Dene:

http://www.jesmonddenehotel.co.uk/#

https:/…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finding last minute family rooms

I just finished pasting a link to this thread, they want family rooms too.......

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k692277…

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finding last minute family rooms

Club Quarters are quite good if you'll be there over a weekend.

I've booked there as 1 3/4 berth room was cheaper than 2 Travelodge rooms.

Tokyo, Japan
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Finding last minute family rooms

Hi Martin,

have you considered a holiday house rental... much better for a family.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,121 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finding last minute family rooms

Try the Travelodge in Stratford High Street. It isn't as central as other (decent if uninspiring) TLs, the next nearest being Bethnal Green, but the rates aren't bad for half term.

Try the Ibis Styles in Leyton - actually near the Bakers Arms - too. It's about 15 - 20 minutes' walk or a 10 minute bus ride from Walthamstow Central station, again not central, but the rooms are a decent size, breakfast is available, there's Freeview on the television and slow WiFi.

Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
2,752 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Finding last minute family rooms

Thanks all! Got 1 or 2 options now.. just need to find somebody to look after the dog for a couple of days and we'll be ready.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
19,806 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Finding last minute family rooms

Can't help you there...

Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
2,752 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Finding last minute family rooms

Getting excited now. London's only 90 minutes from home, but of course we rarely go. Dog booked in doggy hotel ; Premier Inn booked. Rainforest Cafe booked (childrens' request!), Charlie + Choc factory tickets booked.. None of us have ever been to the Tower of London .. will get tickets for that.

Next task, find an interesting eatery for the adults that the children won't grumble at.

We once went to an Ethiopian restaurant in Paris, & there definitely aren't any locally here, so I might give that a go.