We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Heathrow to North London?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Heathrow to North London?

I'll be in London in 2 weeks and looking for the best way ( other than cabs ) to get to North North ( Somewhere near the Emirates ). Please advise how to get/take bus or tube from LHR to NL.

Thanks.

PS: I've listed my earliest post in the UK forum, hence the reason behind me reposting it here.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,917 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Heathrow to North London?

Depending on your destination, the Underground may be the most direct route.

Let us know the day of the week you will arrive at Heathrow and your destination (street or road name) in north London. Let us know as well if you've booked to fly with AC or BA.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Heathrow to North London?

www.Nationalexpress.com

I would get a single to victoria (Around £7) then there are plenty of easy accessible tube routes to get to north London.

other recommendation google TFL-Journey Planner , That will give you the main and quickest route to north London. However it will probably recommend a train to Paddington which is at least £20. Coach takes a hour to victoria from Heathrow. then around 20mins to north london

london
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Heathrow to North London?

to get to the Emirates Stadium it's an easy journey on the tube from Heathrow to Holloway Road on the Piccadilly (blue) line

however ... where exactly is it you're trying to get to? ... "somewhere near the Emirates" could cover quite a wide area

Montreal
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from Heathrow to North London?

Going to the emirates statdium, have not booked hotel yet nor ticket ( need to get my football game ticket first)... never been to london so really I dont know where to stay exactly, but looking to be near the stadium for an easy walk/ride after the game and the following day back to heathrow to catch a flight back...

looking for something central in a nice area, i've heard that north london isn't a top notch area, plus im an away supporter ( Liverpool ), so looking for somewhere safe.

Edited: 20 October 2013, 05:27
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,917 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get from Heathrow to North London?

The National Express coach will take you ouf of the way for Emirates Stadium. A better choice is the Piccadilly line to King's Cross for a hotel near the station then continuing on the journey to the stadium.

Please let us know when you plan to travel - specific dates - and your budget in pounds for a hotel; use www.xe.com for the exchange rate calculation.

The reason the dates are key is because planned works on the Underground could have an impact on the journey from airport to city centre.

There are a number of hotels near KX station of varying quality and cost. You may also wish to stay near Angel station and take the 43 bus from Upper Street to Holloway Road for the stadium.

Again, please let us know more.

london
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get from Heathrow to North London?

sounds like you need to sort out the tickets first ... you might find the only way you can get them is via a Thomas Cook package which would include hotel

Montreal
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get from Heathrow to North London?

game is scheduled for nov 2nd, planning on getting there early morning same day, or day before preferlably around 8pm...

I checked the schedule of buses, latest departure would be around 10pm.

Also, I dont mind taking a cab if fare is right... i checked this site, but not too sure where to look ( tried to check for a hotel in Islington, but one came up).

london-heathrow-taxis.co.uk/hpricelist.html

thanks for your replies.

Montreal
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get from Heathrow to North London?

caz, I already checked thomascook, sold out for away tickets.... currently looking to purchase one on ebay, so that's kind of sorted..... but it's so expensive that I don't feel like overspending on cabs, my understanding is that a ride from lhr to nl is about 30 miles. I dont know cabs prices in london, but it may be around 120 pounds, twice.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,917 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get from Heathrow to North London?

The planned works on the Underground will not have an impact on the journey from the airport, so there is no need to take a taxi from airport to central London.

Is there a reason you can't give us a budget for a hotel or let us know the airline with which you've booked? If time will be of the essence then a prebooked car service from Heathrow will be considerably cheaper than a black cab, about £40 - 50, but without more information it is next to impossible to suggest what might work for you. As well, you plan to travel at a busy time and at short notice with inexpensive hotel rooms thin on the ground.

Montreal
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get from Heathrow to North London?

hello travellerplus, i can't tell you the dates and airlines, since i have not booked yet... it may be BA to london or AF via cdg, im currently looking at best option on expedia.

if cab is 40-50 pounds, thats affordable, i was under the impression it would be much more.

see, my whole trip would have to cost me under 2000$, this is my aim, including 1000$ for the flight and about 600$ for the game tickets, this leave me with 400$ for hotel, cabs and foods, for 2 days.