We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Heathrow to North London?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Heathrow to North London?

I'll be in London in 2 weeks and looking for the best way ( other than cabs ) to get to North North ( Somewhere near the Emirates ). Please advise how to get/take bus or tube from LHR to NL.

Thanks.

PS: I've listed my earliest post in the UK forum, hence the reason behind me reposting it here.

london
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How to get from Heathrow to North London?

my understanding is ...

"Apart from the football clubs, the only recognised ticket vendor of English PL matches is Thomas Cook Sport."

so buying tickets via ebay sounds dangerous

you might want to read some recent threads on this forum such as

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k676…

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How to get from Heathrow to North London?

Both BA and AF have best price guarantees by booking directly rather than through a third party agent. Most deeply discounted Economy fares have a 14 - 21 day advance booking requirement; that window of opportunity is closing rapidly.

If you can fly out on 31 October you will find a fare of $C1160 return with BA. The first flight is one from YUL to JFK with AA then a connection to a BA flight to Heathrow; the return is a BA flight from LHR to YUL. Fares rise considerably for outbound travel on 1 November.

The lowest fare with AF, which are for flights operated by Delta outbound (changing at JFK) and KLM (changing at AMS) inbound is $C1230 for travel on 1 November and 3 November.

If you are determined to do this you should book an air ticket sharpish. I'd be very reluctant to buy a ticket to the match on eBay, but YMMV.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,390 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How to get from Heathrow to North London?

Montrealer8,

Ok here's the bad news. There won't be ANY legal ticket sales for this game in the away end. Why because you need to be a season ticket holder who has attended at least 4 previous away matches to stand a chance of getting a ticket. The away fans get allocated a very small number of tickets (usually 3-4 thousand).

You'll have a better chance of looking at home matches and purchasing either a hospitality ticket direct from the club or thomas cook package.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,390 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How to get from Heathrow to North London?

*Edit* - ALL Liverpool tickets for this match have been sold. And I was wrong the criteria for getting tickets for this top away fixture where being a season ticket holder and 'Tickets will be available to those who recorded 11 or more Premier League Away games from Season 12/13'.

Level Contributor
3,394 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How to get from Heathrow to North London?

so that's kind of sorted.....

---

Only if you want a high risk of a dud ticket and refused entry

London
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: How to get from Heathrow to North London?

"i've heard that north london isn't a top notch area", you heard wrong. North London is fine. But I'd recommend you stay somewhere around Kings Cross, Liverpool fans will likely congregate in a pub somewhere between Kings Cross and Euston before the game.

As for travelling to the Emirates from Heathrow, Pic line makes the most sense. One single ride, no changing, will take about 50 mins.

BUt this is all dependent on you getting a ticket which sounds highly unlikely. Don't buy on ebay unless you happy to take a massive risk that the ticket is fake or you get refused entry.

17. Re: How to get from Heathrow to North London?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2014, 06:21