We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London with a 13month old baby????

Cleveland England
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
London with a 13month old baby????

We are off to London for a long weekend. Any suugestions to keep an active 13 month old baby happy and entertained?

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London with a 13month old baby????

All the things you usually do :o)

Don't expect your youngster to stay still or quiet for long periods... which will make some attractions including shows more difficult. Make sure you have food and drink to hand so you can respond to need quickly. A trip to the zoo will probably go down well.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London with a 13month old baby????

I can think of nothing worse! Find a babysitter for the weekend?

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
10,073 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London with a 13month old baby????

When mine was that age and I came up to London for the weekend I used a baby backpack carrier which meant her head was at adult head hight instead of car exhaust, knee and bag carrying height. This also let her see well. which kept her interested.

Parks are great for letting children run around, but if the weather is bad you may have a problem as most inside public spaces are crowded and not great (or safe) for a running toddler.

Even if you do not normally use reins, they may be worth considering in London.

4. Re: London with a 13month old baby????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2014, 06:21