We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norwegian Air Flight From Gatwick To Gran Canaria Xmas 2013

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Norwegian Air Flight From Gatwick To Gran Canaria Xmas 2013

Hi,

I recently received an email from Norwegian Air about a schedule change and discovered that both the onward and return flights from Gatwick to Gran Canaria around Christmas this year have been delayed by over 8 hours. The departure was changed from 7.00 AM to 4.00 PM and the return flight landing at 1.00 AM in the morning than the original 4.00 PM time. This is extremely inconvenient as we traveling with 3 Kids. We had booked our tickets way back in July mainly due to the flight times but now are in a difficult situation which is to either accept this change or cancel and book with a different carrier which would cost us over £500+ in total.

Are there any other options for us, our travel dates are outbound on the 21/12 and back to london on the 28/12. Also, I was told that the reason was due to a change insisted by the Gatwick Airport Authorities, but I don't believe this as Gatwick and Norwegian seems to have a very good relationship, is there any way to confirm this?

Thanks,

GNVASU

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Norwegian Air Flight From Gatwick To Gran Canaria Xmas 2013

Airlines change schedules all the time.

The only way for you to confirm that Gatwick insisted on a change is to hack into the computersystem of either Norwegian or Gatwick to see if you find anything. Not really advisable.

Your choices are:

1. Accept the change

2. Request rebooking to another day/flight

3. Don't accept the change and get a refund

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Norwegian Air Flight From Gatwick To Gran Canaria Xmas 2013

but now are in a difficult situation which is to either accept this change or cancel and book with a different carrier which would cost us over £500+ in total.

Are there any other options for us

----

No.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,853 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Norwegian Air Flight From Gatwick To Gran Canaria Xmas 2013

This is the London forum. You should really ask here where you might more advice, not all of it sympathetic - tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

4. Re: Norwegian Air Flight From Gatwick To Gran Canaria Xmas 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 05:18