We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you recommend a pub where we can catch the World Cup?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Can you recommend a pub where we can catch the World Cup?

We're leaving tomorrow and might want to catch the final game Sunday at a local pub/restaurant/cafe. Do they do that sort of thing there? I know England isn't in the finals but maybe there is a public square that might be broadcasting the games?

Thanks.

px
london
Level Contributor
855 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you recommend a pub where we can catch the World Cup?

if you can get any where near Bar Italia in soho that would be one of the best but i would think it would be heaving.... i think there will be a great atmosphere in that part of town and that is where i would go

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you recommend a pub where we can catch the World Cup?

Even though England is out of the cup there is still a huge amount of interest in the game. I would think almost any pub will be showing the match. I don't believe you'll find any big screens as they were all banned at the request of the police following violence during and after Englands first match.

london
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you recommend a pub where we can catch the World Cup?

I agree with px. If Italy win there will be an open-air party in Soho, as there was after the semis.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you recommend a pub where we can catch the World Cup?

It will be on in almost all pubs. It doesn't matter that England aren't in it - this is the World Cup Final

I'd just find somewhere you like the look of whilst you're here to be honest. There are a fair few Italians and French in London so shouldn't be short on atmosphere

Particularly in Soho, although I wouldn't try and go anywhere near Bar Italia - atmosphere will be great, chance of a view of the action pretty much nil!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you recommend a pub where we can catch the World Cup?

Thanks. We'll be playing it by ear but I do like the sound of Soho on Sunday. Go France!

london
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you recommend a pub where we can catch the World Cup?

LOL, if you're supporting France maybe Bar Italia in Soho's not for you!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you recommend a pub where we can catch the World Cup?

Lol-same thought crossed my mind re: Bar Italia-I'll try to be mindful of who's around when I'm booing/cheering.:)

px
london
Level Contributor
855 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you recommend a pub where we can catch the World Cup?

head down to the french house or maison bertaux then

9. Re: Can you recommend a pub where we can catch the World Cup?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 15:17