We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pantomime for 5 years old

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Pantomime for 5 years old

Can you, please, recommend a nice and enjoyable panto for 5 years old girl this Christmas.

Thank you

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,324 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Pantomime for 5 years old

Eclectic Angel,

I thought Wimbledon's panto this year was Aladdin with Matthew Kelly and Jon Brand. At least, that's what their website is saying.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Pantomime for 5 years old

Hackney is legendary and suitable for all ages, not at all inappropriate for a 5 year old who will likely have the time of her life there (and why not go to one of the Vietnamese cafes a few doors away for a bite to eat beforehand or after? The roll your own Vietnamese summer rolls, cold rice paper rolls dunked in water to soften them filled with veggies and prawns are quite a fun experience, not as neat as the ready rolled ones though!).

Theatre Royal Stratford also does a good family panto each year - I have taken friends' kids there when they were about 5 or 6, Pizza Express next door for pre-theatre supper, and the now grown up kids still remember their evenings there vividly and fondly.

Level Contributor
2,780 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Pantomime for 5 years old

Hi do you have names for the cafes you suggest? Might be a good option when we go see the Pantos there with my family. Thank you

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Pantomime for 5 years old

There are a couple of Vietnamese cafes on Mare Street, same side as the theatre. I have never known their names, but just ask when you get there.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,480 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Pantomime for 5 years old

Two years ago myself and three friends, certainly a lot older than 5 went to the pantomime at the Hackney Empire. We booked a box, but the stalls were full of young primary school children having the time of their lives.

Hearing the children shout out and get so excited made a fantastic atmosphere. we had just as much fun as them.

Additionally, it is a lovely old theatre since its restoration.

26. Re: Pantomime for 5 years old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 05:21