We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

st Pancras station to Waterloo Station by underground,

Leicester, England...
3 posts
Save Topic
st Pancras station to Waterloo Station by underground,

I am going to bournemouth on 23/12/2013 and have to get the underground to waterloo, but I don't know how to get there as i am travelling on my own and terrified on the esculaters, as I have a phobia of the stairs since being a little girl, will there be anyone who coould help me down the esculators and i do not know what platform to get on to get to waterloo. my train ticket says it takes 21 minutes to waterloo from st pancras. it this true, i would appreciate your help. yours faithfully

mrs s metcalf

Essex
Level Contributor
27,616 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: st Pancras station to Waterloo Station by underground,

Take the 59 bus....

tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…waterloo.pdf

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: st Pancras station to Waterloo Station by underground,

The other thing you could do (but it takes longer) is to take the Circle Line round to Embankment and walk across Hungerford Footbridge to Waterloo. I don't think there are escalators that way

There won't be anyone to help you with escalators

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: st Pancras station to Waterloo Station by underground,

If you want to take the tube, bear in mind that there are lifts down to the southbound Victoria Line and westbound Piccadilly lines at St Pancras.

You can then take one of these two lines to Green Park, where there is interchange via a lift to the Jubilee line. Take an eastbound train for two stops to Waterloo

At Waterloo there is access from the Jubilee line to the main line station via a lift.

The Tfl journey planner says that this takes 35 minutes.

If you take the no. 59 bus as suggested in an earlier post, it will drop you off in Waterloo Road opposite the station. To access the main line platforms via the Waterloo Road entrance you would have to go up an escalator. To avoid this you would have to go round the front of the station and then back up the taxi road, where you would find an entrance to the station which avoids using stairs.

Edited: 27 October 2013, 19:53
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,738 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: st Pancras station to Waterloo Station by underground,

The bus is realistically your only option if fixed stairs are out. Whilst there is lift access to the Tube platforms at Kings Cross St Pancras, only the Jubilee Line has lift access at Waterloo. It's possible to do that journey via Green Park but I can't recall if there are lifts between platforms there.

The Tube fare is included in your through ticket, but the bus would have to be paid for.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: st Pancras station to Waterloo Station by underground,

Another variation would be to go by train. When you arrive at St Pancras there are escalators but you can go down in the lift. Just ask where it is then go towards the back of the station and take the lift down to the southbound platform and take the train to London Bridge. Cross to the adjoining platform and get a train one stop to Waterloo East then walk across the bridge and take the lift down into Waterloo station.

Thinking about it I'd either take the bus or get a taxi.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,312 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: st Pancras station to Waterloo Station by underground,

tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/king… Stop R is no more than two minutes' walk from the arrivals hall at King's Cross - look for the stop outside the Nisa shop. The 59 starts at KX and as such shouldn't be crowded when you board at stop R.

Alight at stop D in Waterloo Road rather than stop N at the south end of Waterloo Bridge. tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…waterloo.pdf You can walk from Station Approach through to the concourse: nationalrail.co.uk/SME/html/NRE_WAT/plan.html

Leicester, England...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: st Pancras station to Waterloo Station by underground,

how long does it take by bus approx. I have less than an hour to get there.

Leicester, England...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: st Pancras station to Waterloo Station by underground,

how long does it take by taxi

London
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: st Pancras station to Waterloo Station by underground,

Taxi - actual journey, about 20 minutes on a Friday afternoon last June. BUT - depends on traffic/time of day and how long you need to queue for taxi at St Pancras

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: st Pancras station to Waterloo Station by underground,

If you only have an hour, a taxi is realistically your best bet. Or you could try and condition yourself to get out of escalator-phobia via short ones in a local department store, perhaps with a friend?