We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Property rentals - Danielle Green - AVOID!!!

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
London Property rentals - Danielle Green - AVOID!!!

Hi, i have a really bad experience with renting an apartment with London Property rentals with danielle - no deposit refund!!!. I found the appartment in Chelsey, London through Flipkey. after nearly 3 months i still have not received my 300 pounds deposit. I have been emailing/calling and now just no answer. She said at some point that she had paid, which is clearly not the case as we have not received the money.

I am thinking of taking her to the court - has anybody done that? how do i make her return the deposit?

also, just on the day of arrival i was told that i was being tranferred to a different apartment, which seems to be the case with this agent. AVOID LONDON PROPERTY RENTALS!!!!

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Property rentals - Danielle Green - AVOID!!!

Another person that only finds this forum after being duped......

Should've done your research I'm afraid, little recourse out there for you as I'd be very surprised if you could prove breach of contract and there's no other tenets of law I can think of that can help you from a financial/recovery perspective.

Just add yours to the long list of Trading Standards complaints......

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,046 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Property rentals - Danielle Green - AVOID!!!

Try and get a chargeback on your credit card.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k638…

and report her to trading standards and the police via action fraud. Links should be on above thread.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Property rentals - Danielle Green - AVOID!!!

Unfortunately this is an all too familiar story.

You should be able to leave a negative report on Flipkey, negative reviews seem to be the only means of inducing her to return deposits. Nothing seems to stop her swapping apartments though. People have said here they will sue her. Whether anyone carried through, don't know.

Its not clear if she is just about to go bust and is using rentals from some people to pay deposits from others, or she is simply enhancing her profits by only repaying the loudest complainers, or should simply be barred from running business due to incompetence but its hard to believe anyone could be that useless. Some here have reported a years worth of hassle to get their deposits back.

She will probably ask you to remove your negative review once she has repaid the deposit, which I suggest you agree to to get your money. And then leave it up.

I also suggest you report her to action fraud http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ perhaps if enough people report her to the police they will take action. I wonder how many people eventually gave up chasing their deposits ? A few months back she actually said she wasn't going to take deposits any more but like most things she has posted here, that was obviously a lie .

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London Property rentals - Danielle Green - AVOID!!!

unfortunately, we paid by bank transfer... do you think we can recall that? it was over 3 months ago that we paid... thanks for all the comments! i wrote to LondonProperty today agian, and again, and called her... but no answer(of course), but will probably file a small court case ... just wandered whether anybody else had done that! thanks again

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,046 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Property rentals - Danielle Green - AVOID!!!

I think the fact you've named and shamed will prompt a refund - see previous thread - although she will probably also come on here and blame you or some sort of fictitious technical glitch/dead or ill relative/accident etc.

You can try going through the small claims court if she doesn't, but be aware that getting a judgement in your favour is not the same as getting payment, so unless you're prepared to get bailiffs in (at extra cost) it may not be worth it.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London Property rentals - Danielle Green - AVOID!!!

unfortunately, we paid by bank transfer... do you think we can recall that?

=======

Not a chance, that's why so many scammers and fraudsters want payment by bank transfer, essentially its one way. On the upside, she isn't like an out and out fraudster using some long gone dupe so knowing her bank account details gives you a good way in to sue.

Good luck, I'd give you 50% chance of getting it back and end of the day its only £300 and might perhaps help you avoiding spending £3,000 next time on a pure scam, since obviously you did little or no research beforehand and transferred a substantial amount of money to a complete stranger, so you could have been out a lot more. Last time I rented a flat in similar circumstances I paid by credit card and took the hit on the increased cost precisely to get the protection, *and* ignored all those renters who didn't take cards hwoever tempting their apartments were.

I really do think you should report her to action fraud and trading standards as said up thread.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,046 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London Property rentals - Danielle Green - AVOID!!!

If she's on Twitter or Facebook I would post/link to this on there as well. She will probably remove it or ask you to, but it's clear from others' experience that exposing her dodgy practice is what gets her to do the right thing. Until enough people report her and get law enforcement knocking on her door this will continue unfortunately (that and more people checking her out and going elsewhere which might ultimately put her out of business).

Incidentally some of the removed posts on the other thread were from a Jim Piddock who refused to be bullied into removing his posts, who threatened police and legal action - which worked - and who also IIRC went on Twitter to expose this shoddy excuse of a business.

Edited: 28 October 2013, 12:30
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,335 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London Property rentals - Danielle Green - AVOID!!!

She's on LinkedIn as well http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?unsupportedBrowser=1&goback=%2Enmp_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1&trk=nmp_rec_act_profile_name&authToken=CXqO&authType=NAME_SEARCH&id=278844877

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London Property rentals - Danielle Green - AVOID!!!

thanks for all the answers. it is just terrible that so many people had had similar experience and London Property Rentals are able to get away with it! i will report Danielle to action fraud, you never know!

little update: i got an email from danielle today saying she had paid and is investigating ... that was the first email since 3 weeks when she said i would have my money immediately..

i will keep you updated whether anything changes. in the meantime am investigating the court case / as should be straightforward... in the future will also pay only by credit card!!!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: London Property rentals - Danielle Green - AVOID!!!

i will keep you updated whether anything changes

======

Please do, it will be entertaining to see what excuses she comes up with, whether its a recycled one such as a death in family (a dangerous occupation being one of her relatives) or lost her chequebook, or something original, perhaps she was taking the cheque to the bank and a gust of wind blew it away?