We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harry Potter Studio on a Sunday or Monday?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
297 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Harry Potter Studio on a Sunday or Monday?

Hi all- To add to the 9,000,000 threads on here about HP Studios....

My brother and I have a Sunday or a Monday free to journey up from London to the HP Studio tour. I see that the shuttle runs regularly on Sundays, but does the Tube have reduced schedules on Sundays, so would it be longer/less departures to get to Watford Junction? Also, this is probably a silly question that I already know the answer to, but would the studios be more crowded on a Sunday (we'll be travelling in early June) - so should we lean more towards the Monday for our visit?

Thanks!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,603 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harry Potter Studio on a Sunday or Monday?

There are less trains (the tube doesn't go to Watford Junction) from Euston on a Sunday and engineering works are not uncommon on a weekend.

That and the fact that our schools will still be in term, lead me to suggest that the Monday will be the slightly better day for your visit.

If you decide upon the Monday then don't book too early a start time as fares are cheaper after 9.30am. Allow an hour or slightly more from Euston to the studios although you will probably do it in 45 minutes.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
297 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harry Potter Studio on a Sunday or Monday?

Oops... Tube to Euston/train to WJ. Thanks, adamhornets!

london
Level Contributor
2,148 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harry Potter Studio on a Sunday or Monday?

I don't think the Studio tour would be either more or less crowded on a Sunday or a Monday ... they sell timed tickets so the flow of visitors is pretty constant and I would expect it would be booked up in June, school holidays or not

adamhornets logic about engineering works on the train line is more to the point

Rutland, UK
Level Contributor
5,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harry Potter Studio on a Sunday or Monday?

In view of travel uncertainties on a Sunday, I also would choose to visit on Monday. But one point to consider is that school parties might go on a Monday in June, many of the classes just having finished SATs exams, and this is a scenario that would not apply on a Sunday.

Coincidentally, I visited H.P. studios today. I chose today because schools round us were on half term last week so I thought this week would be less busy. Wrong! Most of the country seems to be on half term this week so the studios were very busy. And yet we only had to queue for about 15 - 20 minutes for our 11.30 entry and as the guests are admitted in groups of about 80 the flow is regulated. It was busy inside but certainly not overwhelming, apart from the queue for the broomstick experience, and we comfortably saw everything we wanted without any jostling or discomfort. The tour was fabulous; hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

london
Level Contributor
2,148 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harry Potter Studio on a Sunday or Monday?

that's interesting Beachamp ... we went last Sunday and I warned my daughter to expect long queues for the broomstick so she could distract my granddaughter away from it ... however when we got to that part there was hardly any queue

6. Re: Harry Potter Studio on a Sunday or Monday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 04:16