We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoreditch

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
579 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Shoreditch

Could someone advise me which areas surround Shoreditch that are easy accessible by public transport heading into there for a night out and won't cost a bomb returning back in a cab.

Don't want to be travelling for ages so maybe somewhere 5 - 15 mins outside.

Thanks

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,531 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shoreditch

Travelodge City Road would be a good option if you're on a budget. Just a few minutes walk from all the action and it's one of the better Travelodges.

London
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Shoreditch

Hotels around Liverpool Street can be quite cheap at weekends. Kings Cross/Euston will be a cheap taxi ride.

Bethanl Green or Whitechapel are other areas but there are less hotels in those locations.

The hotel recommendation above is ideal though.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
579 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shoreditch

thanks for that. What about TUNES @ Liverpool street, is that central for nightlife of Shoreditch?

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
579 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shoreditch

Cool, will check out anything around Liverpool street as well

thanks

Islington
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shoreditch

I would try the travelodge City Road before you do anything else as the rates can go up. It looks like your best option if you can get it at a good rate. Tune is okay but has small rooms.

London
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Shoreditch

Tune hotel is less than a 5 minute walk from Shoreditch so yes, very central.

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shoreditch

Tune hotel is also next door to my favourite pub in the entire Shoreditch area - The Water Poet!!

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,370 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shoreditch

Another vote for the Water Poet. Ever since I saw Terry Christian and Shaun Ryder getting bladdered there one lunchtime

Food's good too

London
Level Contributor
838 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shoreditch

Travelodge City Road and Tune Liverpool Street - as already mentioned.

Also Travelodges at Liverpool Street and Bank are convenient - also Holiday Inn Express on Old Street, and Premier Inn London City (Old Street).

The Hoxton Hotel is also great..... if you can find a good deal. It has a great vibe in the bar

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,176 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shoreditch

I'd choose the TL City Road and TL Liverpool Street before the Tune Hotel, depending on the rates for the TLs, as I'd prefer a room with fenestration and no need to pay extra for accoutrements.

There is a new Premier Inn opening next month near Monument along with another in Prescot Street and the TL Tower Hill in Goodman's Yard. These are not as handy as other hotels for Shoreditch but the N205 from Bishopsgate will take you to Aldgate for a short walk to those near the Tower; the 24 hour service 149 from Shoreditch will take you to the Monument.