We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3-4 day short tour

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
3-4 day short tour

Hi everyone, I am going to London during my x-mas vacation. me and my husband are trying to plan a 3-4 days trip outside of London after 1 January, 2014. we are kind of looking for a cheaper but nicer option. this would be 1st vaccay after our marriage. since I don't have enough time to say in London I would prefer any nice place near to London city. please give us some suggestions.

Thank you.

PS: we will use public transport.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,530 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3-4 day short tour

There are many places outside of London that are accessible by public transport, but perhaps it would be better to know what kind of holiday you are after? Are you looking for a break in the countryside, or another city, different to London?

Have you made reservations in London, and if so, what is "cheaper" to you?

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3-4 day short tour

Thank you LauraRW. we don't have anything particular as the tour will be on January. if it was summer, I might have more option. That is why I am asking for better option for winter. this tour will be kind of "get away " . we just wanna spend a good time....

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,530 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3-4 day short tour

I'm a little confused by the way you are phrasing your question....

In the title of your OP, you mention a "tour," but you also mention public transportation.

I am also unclear on whether you are looking to do 3-4 day trips all from London, or a 3-4 day trip to another place, staying there.

Here is a list of day trips from London,

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186338-c174500/Londo…

For a city getaway of 3-4 days, you might consider Bath, Oxford, or even Paris. The days will be short and cold, however, so wherever you go, I would pick somewhere with an indoor attraction, if the weather doesn't cooperate.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,207 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3-4 day short tour

Are you spending time in London as well?

It would help if you posted your travel dates, I think.

5. Re: 3-4 day short tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2014, 04:18