We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a recommendation for a hotel in Bloomsbury

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chatham, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Need a recommendation for a hotel in Bloomsbury

My boyfriend and I will be staying in London for four nights, from February 13-17, 2014. I have chosen the Bloomsbury district to stay in based on advice from other Tripadvisor members and our budget. I wondered if anyone had any good suggestions for hotels in this area- our maximum budget per night would be 90 pounds per night but we would like to be less, if possible. I have come across some hotels that have promotions for reduced rates if you stay a certain number of nights, wondering if anyone else knows of any. I am getting overwhelmed so any specific suggestions would be greatly welcomed. Thank you in advance!

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a recommendation for a hotel in Bloomsbury

Try the Jesmond in Gower Street. I stayed here and really liked it!

http://www.jesmondhotel.org.uk/

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a recommendation for a hotel in Bloomsbury

You could try the premier inn Euston, your right at the lower end with that budget though.

3. Re: Need a recommendation for a hotel in Bloomsbury

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 November 2013, 21:59
Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,409 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a recommendation for a hotel in Bloomsbury

I needed a hotel at the last minute a few weeks ago and found the Howard Winchester, Argyle Square, on booking.com. It turned out to be very clean and friendly, and with a great included breakfast, though the rooms were small (though I was in a single). It's certainly well within your budget.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a recommendation for a hotel in Bloomsbury

Studios2Let (the Cartwright Gardens location, which I think is better than their North Gower location) is showing a standard studio for your stay at £85/night. Allows you to do a bit of self catering, but doesn't include breakfast which many of the hotels offer. There are several options for an inexpensive breakfast in that area (or you can just make your own breakfast).

Edited: 04 November 2013, 14:59
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a recommendation for a hotel in Bloomsbury

I should probably add that, if you want to keep the budget low, the Studios2Let North Gower (Euston) location is showing a small studio for £68/night and an economy studio for £78/night.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,408 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need a recommendation for a hotel in Bloomsbury

The Celtic Hotel would be well up my list. Great location just yards from Russell Square tube - www.stmargaretshotel.co.uk/W_e_l_c_o_m_e.html

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,675 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need a recommendation for a hotel in Bloomsbury

This one might fit the bill.

www.imperialhotels.co.uk/bedford

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need a recommendation for a hotel in Bloomsbury

I second the suggestion for the Celtic. We stayed there for three nights and were very pleased with the personal, attentive service of the family who run the hotel. The breakfast was quite good, the wifi was free, and the location was very close to the tube, restaurants, and even a grocery store. I highly recommend the Celtic.

Rutland, UK
Level Contributor
5,302 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need a recommendation for a hotel in Bloomsbury

Possibly needing to stay in a budget hotel in Bloomsbury this summer I compiled a list of possibilities, arranged according to TA reviewers' preferences. The Celtic is the one I'd've chosen but, if it's full, you could consider these:

Arosfa

Morgan

Goodenough Club

Jesmond

Megaro

Ridgemount

The Harrison

Alhambra

Rough Luxe

Ruskin

Meridiana

MacDonald