We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Source for clotted cream and cheese near Gatwick Airport

Mission, B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Source for clotted cream and cheese near Gatwick Airport

I'm hoping to visit a grocery store (quickly) near Gatwick Airport in between flights. I want to buy clotted cream and cheese to take home. I see there is a Waitrose in Horley (approx 1 mile north) and a Tesco Extra in Crawley, 2.2 miles south. There is also a M and S at the airport....looks small but this would be ideal. There are many buses leaving from Gatwick to these towns but I need some help figuring out which bus goes by the stores to save time.....and which would be the quickest trip. I should have about an hour total to do this trip. We arrive at the north terminal and depart from the south terminal. If you are familiar with the area, I'd appreciate some advice.

Thanks!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Source for clotted cream and cheese near Gatwick Airport

If you only have an hour check the M&S and if no luck you can order this sort of stuff on the net and have it shipped, because you certainly dont have enough time to be getting buses and a taxi each way would be much more expensive than postage.

Also, are these items allowed to be imported into Canada ? .... AFAICS cheese yes clotted cream no.

www.beaware.gc.ca/english/brirape.shtml#a2

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Source for clotted cream and cheese near Gatwick Airport

Forget the clotted cream - Canadian customs will confiscate it if you declare it

Cheese - looks OK. The M&S at the airport should have a selection

www.beaware.gc.ca/english/brirape.shtml#a2

Mission, B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Source for clotted cream and cheese near Gatwick Airport

Thanks a lot for your post. I never thought of the customs aspect since I bring items back from the USA frequently. Too bad....but good news for my hips!

4. Re: Source for clotted cream and cheese near Gatwick Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 05:17