We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow terminal 5 to Paddington

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Heathrow terminal 5 to Paddington

Can anyone advise me on how to get from Terminal 5 to Paddington rail station?

I have a slight disability so will already be struggling with my two large suitcases (on wheels) would it be quite easy to do this or should i just get a coach from Terminal 5 to Cardiff which is my end destination? I'd prefer the train as it will almost halve my journey and after a 7 hour flight I'll need all the help i can get.

Thank you

Julie

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,679 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow terminal 5 to Paddington

The quickest and easiest but most expensive way would be to take the Heathrow Express to Paddington (4 per hour with a journey time of 20 minutes at a cost of £20) but if you time it right you can take a National Express coach from literally outside the terminal building. The fastest journey time of 3 hours 20 minutes compares with about two hours from Paddington plus the time needed to reach that station from Heathrow..

There are lifts from the arrivals hall down to platform level and you can take a trolley to the platform but not on to the train. There are also trolleys at Paddington and you can also request assistance there.

Wales
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow terminal 5 to Paddington

Thanks for that, an hour doesn't sound like much but after a long overnight flight every minute counts so I think I'll try your advice.

Thanks again

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,868 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow terminal 5 to Paddington

Do you have a Disabled Persons Railcard and if not could you get one?

If so, you could get one third of the cost of the Heathrow Express, which brings the cost down to a more affordable £13. Or you could get a discounted ticket all the way from Heathrow to Cardiff.

The train companies are quite good at providing assistance if you notify them in advance. At Paddington, you would get transported to the train in a buggy and allowed to board it before everyone else.

There are through coaches all the way from Heathrow to Cardiff, but the problem is timing your reservation for the coach to coincide with the arrival time of your flight. If your flight was late, would you be able to get on the next coach?

There are also Rail Air buses from Heathrow to Reading, from where you can pick up a train to Cardiff.

Edited: 05 November 2013, 06:10
4. Re: Heathrow terminal 5 to Paddington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2014, 05:18