We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

london in feb.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Topic
london in feb.

hi.i,m going to london for 3 nights in feb. Dont really want to travel in the tube late at night. does any1 know how much a taxi costs roughly from covent garden to park plaza westminster.? and also any other good places to visit in london??, going to do all the tourist things, theatre, madam tussauds london eye, dungeon...

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: london in feb.

What do you mean by "late at night" because whenever I've been on it at say 11pm or 1130pm its nearly as busy as at 3 or 4pm, certainly in the central areas you are talking about anyway, so I'd have no hesitation at all about taking the tube. It closes around midnight not sure what a taxi would cost then, look up world taxi meter and add 50%.

As for "good places to visit in London?" most of the regulars here woudl probably advise you not to go to madam tussauds & dungeon so its hard to advise ! Check out a guide book or just google top 100 london sights or something like that and pick what you like the look of.

Also check out 241 (see the frequent questions)

And dont take a taxi to the dungeons.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,491 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: london in feb.

Why don't you want to travel on the tube late at night? It is very safe.

Are you traveling alone, or as a group? Not sure many here would recommend London Dungeons or Madame Tussauds....very pricey and long queues.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: london in feb.

There are a handful of buses from Trafalgar Square that will take you to the south end of Westminster Bridge without a hint of aggro: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/traf… You may also take the RV1 towards Tower Gateway from the Aldwych (v handy for Covent Garden) to County Hall for the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge and the London Eye. tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/aldw… tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…county-hall-a4.pdf

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,831 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: london in feb.

Your journey from Covent Garden is not much more than a mile so £10 will cover it easily.

But you seem to have the wrong idea about travelling on the tube or buses. Thousands use them every night to get home from the theatre etc. and are perfectly safe

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,451 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: london in feb.

I travelled home from central London on saturday night on the tube just before midnight. It was very busy as you'd expect with many people grabbing one of the last tubes home after a night out. I was on my own and as usual there was no bother although there was a lot of banter with some apparently 'dead people' sat near me!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: london in feb.

thanks for all the info, have booked tickets for the london eye , dungeons and tussauds... always wanted to to it. i,ll be on my Honeymoon weekend as i will be just married so it,ll be just the 2 of us...any other recomondations?? quite fancy planet hollywood or hardrock cafe one night. a show 1 nite as well.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,385 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: london in feb.

As you must realise there are countless attractions in London. Have you consulted a guide book or looked at the popular attractions on TA? If not, I would suggest that you do. Recommendations can't really be given without knowing your interests.

As for a show, look here for ideas.

www.londontheatre.co.uk

London
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: london in feb.

You should check out Ripley's Believe it or Not museum. Maybe London Aquarium.

For eating Aberdeen Steakhouse or around Leicester Square there are plenty of fast-food options. Possibly the Rainforest Cafe too.

Note, i'm basing this entirely on your current choices of attraction and where to eat, none of which I would recommend except for the London Eye.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,604 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: london in feb.

^^^ You had me wondering there for a minute LondonFlare, but you make a valid point. Each to their own though I suppose.

California
Level Contributor
4,431 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: london in feb.

Don't forget about Wetherspoons pubs and Garfunkel's for mediocre meals.