We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camden market then Tower Of London/Tower Bridge

Glasgow
Level Contributor
421 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Camden market then Tower Of London/Tower Bridge

For Saturday would Camden Market then Tower Bridge and Tower of London be too much in one day? All done by bus, starting from Victoria. No end finish time in mind as long as its worthwhile. Happy to see St Paul's Cathedral from the bus (originally wanted it in my Saturday schedule before putting in Camden). Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,723 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camden market then Tower Of London/Tower Bridge

24 bus goes from Victoria to Camden Town. To get from there to the ToL you could catch a 168 to Aldwych then a 15. From ToL to Victoria I'd probably get a 15 to Trafalgar Square and the 24.

I'd do ToL first, then Camden. It's going to take hours on all those buses.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
421 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camden market then Tower Of London/Tower Bridge

Thanks, I think Camden Market may be out this visit - seems like too much hassle to be enjoyable. Unless I drop TOL/TB and make it Camden Market and the British Museum?

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,723 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camden market then Tower Of London/Tower Bridge

That would be easier as you could get a 24 or 29 from Camden Town down Gower Street (which is next to the British Museum).

All these journeys would be *so* much easier and quicker if you'd use the Underground.

Personally, I'd cut Camden and do the ToL and BM.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
421 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camden market then Tower Of London/Tower Bridge

Very helpful. Thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camden market then Tower Of London/Tower Bridge

Whatever you decide I'd visit the market last because otherwise you are lumbered with carrying whatever you bought around for the rest of the day. I don't know how the rest of your itinerary works but you might wish to rearrange it so you can visit a market early, return to your apartment or hotel to drop off whatever you bought, and then continue sightseeing.

And yes, why bus for that itinerary ?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
421 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Camden market then Tower Of London/Tower Bridge

Thanks. I'm claustrophobic so don't use tube. Taxi is an option also if cheap enough.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Camden market then Tower Of London/Tower Bridge

The market is quieter in the morning and stays lively later so I'd do it last then you can eat around there too(also the issue of carrying what you buy). Don't know what your idea of cheap is, but taxi would be a lot quicker. BTW, is it this Saturday you're talking about? The Lord Mayor's Show is on with road closures that will slow down traffic - the Embankment is closed from 11am and other east-west routes likely to be busier.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
421 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Camden market then Tower Of London/Tower Bridge

Thanks, it's not this Saturday though. Good point about carrying stuff around. Although that's why I'm taking my husband!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Camden market then Tower Of London/Tower Bridge

I agree with jdbri. I'd cut Camden Market and see the Tower of London instead. Make sure you see the crown jewels, there might be a little queue but it's definitely worth it. St Paul's Cathedral is nice but in my opinion nothing compared to Westminster Abbey (in case that is not part of your plan already).

10. Re: Camden market then Tower Of London/Tower Bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 05:17