We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greater London Hotel near Shopping Centre with car!

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Greater London Hotel near Shopping Centre with car!

Hi, were travelling to London for a weekend at the end of November. We'll have the use of a car. The hotels in central London are far to expensive so would anyone know of hotels outside London, near a shopping centre, and also where we could drive into London? A vague request, I know, but I've been on Google for days now and can't seem to find anything!! Thanks in advance!

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,118 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greater London Hotel near Shopping Centre with car!

You don't want to be driving into London. Seriously.

Have a look at the budget hotels in Stratford like Travelodge. Westfield shopping centre on your doorstep and 15 minutes from the centre of London by Underground

And no congestion charge!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,611 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Greater London Hotel near Shopping Centre with car!

Have a look at the Travelodge Crickelwood. Brent Cross is up the road. I wouldn't drive into town though.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,469 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greater London Hotel near Shopping Centre with car!

You can fly from Dublin to London and stay in the Centre for "not much" if you ask here for help. No need for a car at all.

Car is a liability in central London, what with the congestion charge, Parking fees and fines....

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Greater London Hotel near Shopping Centre with car!

I've been on Google for days now and can't seem to find anything

========

There's a good reason for that.

What are you expecting to spend on a hotel?

London
Level Contributor
220 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Greater London Hotel near Shopping Centre with car!

Try the Premier Inn Putney Bridge, It has a small car park and is beside the tube.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Greater London Hotel near Shopping Centre with car!

Okay, Stratford looks good, thank you!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Greater London Hotel near Shopping Centre with car!

I was hoping 50/60 sterling per night- is that wishful thinking?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Greater London Hotel near Shopping Centre with car!

I was hoping 50/60 sterling per night- is that wishful thinking?

=======

Pushing it. Look towards the end of this thread. tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186216-i15-k696… None of these hotels are going to have parking though. And possibly to pay for it could cost as much as you'd spend on the hotel. This is why people generally advise against cars in London.

I dont know how you are getting use of a car, but I'd try to do without, especially if you were going to rent one as that will surely save you £30 or so a day you can spend on a better hotel (from the way you wrote I'm [presuming you are borrowing it from a friend or relative?)

9. Re: Greater London Hotel near Shopping Centre with car!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2014, 05:16