We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Premier Inn to stay at in London?

Chatham, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Which Premier Inn to stay at in London?

I will be staying in London in February 2014 for four nights with my boyfriend. It will be our first time in London and we hope to see many of London's famous sights.

I have found very favourable reviews on TA for the Premier Inn chain of hotels. I wondered if anyone had a suggestion on which one would be best, based on location. We will be walking and relying on public transport to get around.

I looked at the following locations:

Premier Inn Waterloo Westminster Bridge

Premier Inn County Hall

Premier Inn Southwark

Premier Inn Blackfriars

Premier inn Tower Bridge

Premier Inn Tower Hill

Premier Inn Euston

Just wondered based on location- which of these hotels is best? I am aware of the costs for each as I looked them up. Any input is much appreciated!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,315 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Premier Inn to stay at in London?

County Hall is a perennially popular Premier Inn. After that I would choose Blackfriars, Southwark, Tower Hill, Westminster Bridge, Euston (or the new St Pancras hotel due to open in February) and Tower Bridge.

None of the PIs you are considering are poorly situated for transport. The Tower Bridge property comes last on the list because it's about a 15 minute walk to London Bridge station, but well situated for the 42 and 78 buses across Tower Bridge to Tower Hill station.

All of the PIs you're considering are solid hotels, well worth a stay.

Chatham, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Premier Inn to stay at in London?

Thanks very much for the information! Greatly appreciated. I will be booking very soon!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Premier Inn to stay at in London?

As they're all pretty much equal options I would book the one with the best price.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,065 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Premier Inn to stay at in London?

As already stated they are all fine. For location County Hall arguably just shades it if the reviews are good.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Premier Inn to stay at in London?

We stayed at the Premier Inn London Waterloo which is just steps from the Premier Inn County Hall. We found it was very well situated for seeing all of the sites. We were going to stay at County Hall but got a better price for London Waterloo as it had just opened.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Premier Inn to stay at in London?

Another vote for Waterloo. We have enjoyed several stays there since it opened and it still has a new freshness to it. Email in advance and ask nicely and you could end up with a fab view of Big Ben and the London Eye at no extra cost - you would pay a premium for the view alone at the neighbouring Park Plaza.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,056 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Premier Inn to stay at in London?

If you can get a rate, County Hall.

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,785 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Premier Inn to stay at in London?

We have stayed at several PI's including Euston and County Hall but Blackfriars was by far our favorite.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Premier Inn to stay at in London?

Friends who spent 2 weeks in London in August absolutely loved the Blackfriars location. And they are very picky travellers!

NZ
Level Contributor
59 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Premier Inn to stay at in London?

I must say we used Premier Inns when we were in the UK and liked them all but Blackfriars was our favourite.

Excellent staff and very well located for seeing the sights.