We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow Airport Hotel T4 recommendations?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow Airport Hotel T4 recommendations?

HI all

I am flying out of Heathrow Terminal 4 in Dec on my own, with 2 kids aged 7 and 4, 3 suitcases, 2 Trunkis and the biggest hand luggage I can get away with.

I notice that the hilton is joined to Terminal 4 by a long covered walkway, but am really worried that I won't be able to get all of us and our luggage from the hotel into the terminal - and so it might be better to stay somewhere else and get a taxi, which would at least take us right to the door.

Does anyone know how easy it is to get from the Hilton into the terminal - do they have any trolleys at the hotel end? Or any other recommendations for somewhere to stay?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,984 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow Airport Hotel T4 recommendations?

Loads of trolleys at both ends, you are on the flat for the whole journey and the walkway comes out onto the departures level. Staff at the hotel have been known to offer people extra help in getting from hotel to terminal (they used to have a buggy) but I don't know if there is a charge or if a tip is expected.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow Airport Hotel T4 recommendations?

Stay at the Hilton. Even if you stayed somewhere off airport and took a taxi you'd still need to struggle down corridors and so on, the Hilton is a full service hotel, ask for help if you need it.

Edited: 12 November 2013, 22:40
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow Airport Hotel T4 recommendations?

Thanks both of you - that's hugely helpful. Was getting a bit stressed about the logistics of flying by myself with the kids. I'll go for the Hilton :-)

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow Airport Hotel T4 recommendations?

Just wanted to update this for anyone who might happen to read. We did stay at the Hilton, and the staff there were so very helpful - they took my bags to the room, collected them again in the morning, and were very nice and even smiling at 5am!

They also told us at the Concierge Desk that we could request a golf buggy ride, from the hotel to the terminal, free of charge. When we took the buggy ride, it took about 5 minutes, straight to the check in desk area...and I realised there was absolutely no way that my children would have walked the 500m or so from the hotel, with cases in tow. I did give him quite a generous tip as I was so very grateful - and he even made the kids laugh that early in the morning. Bonus!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow Airport Hotel T4 recommendations?

Nice one glad it went well, I bet the kids liked the buggy ride!

6. Re: Heathrow Airport Hotel T4 recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 05:29