We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West India Quay (Best Western) Hotel!

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West India Quay (Best Western) Hotel!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 November 2013, 13:35
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,164 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: West India Quay (Best Western) Hotel!

My wife and I are older than you. We wouldn't stay that far out in the sticks.

Come and enjoy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West India Quay (Best Western) Hotel!

This is in the Canary Wharf business district, an area I think is quite attractive, but many may consider soulless. Ask for a south-side room overlooking the quay.

There are several restaurants and bars in converted dockside buildings next to the hotel.

Getting to central london is both quick and easy. The DLR is very close to the hotel; Canary Wharf tube station is a short walk away (less than 10 minutes), and so is Canary Wharf Pier for the Thames Clipper service to Tower Bridge.

London
Level Contributor
9,557 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: West India Quay (Best Western) Hotel!

Can you give a bit detail more on where the hotel actually is located? I live near(ish) to West India Quay and I'm not aware of any BW hotels in this area.

Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
929 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: West India Quay (Best Western) Hotel!

I couldn't find it either...

If it's your first time in London I'd stay somewhere closer to the main sights with a bit more character. If you've been lots of times before and want to see something different, you might find it an interesting base to explore Docklands with its fascinating mix of old and new. You're quite handy for Greenwich too.

Yes there are restaurants and pubs but they are pretty much all chains.

Edited: 15 November 2013, 08:05
London, United...
Level Contributor
721 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West India Quay (Best Western) Hotel!

Uhm, yeah, I can't comment on the specific hotel, but I wouldn't want to stay in the area from a tourist's perspective. Very much a business district, very quite at night after office hours, very modern, few sights to see in the immediate surroundings.

That being said, it is quite easy to reach many of the interesting places in London from there, the Jubilee tube line is quite speedy and handy and the DLR enhances the convenience too.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,645 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: West India Quay (Best Western) Hotel!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k69836…

Not quite sure how the OP thinks that there are BW's in or near West India Quay. Are they getting mixed up with any of their original options or with somewhere else?

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: West India Quay (Best Western) Hotel!

I wonder if the OP means the London Marriott at West india Quay? A lot of American visitors seem to look for Marriott hotels in London. There's certainly no BW anywhere near Docklands. I actually like staying in that area, I like river/dock views and I don't find using the DLR to get into town is a great hassle. But of course it takes time and is an added expense and it's quiet in Docklands at night. You're not going to get the choice of restaurants etc you would nearer the centre.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: West India Quay (Best Western) Hotel!

Ooops - correction - we do mean the Marriott West India Quay. Thanks!

9. Re: West India Quay (Best Western) Hotel!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 November 2013, 13:35