We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

london suites

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
college station, tx
9 posts
Save Topic
london suites

Hi

I will be visiting London in December. There will be 4 of us, my husband and I and two adult daughters. I am trying to figure out if hotels in London offer "suites" which would entail two connected bedrooms, one for husband and I to share and other for daughters to share. Or do we just have to go the route of reserving 2 individual rooms, 1 for us to share and a second with twin or double beds for our daughters to share??

thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,618 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: london suites

Rooms for four adults are thin on the ground in central London, although the Parkwood Hotel near Marble Arch does have adjoining rooms suitable for up to five guests.

If you would like separate rooms then have you considered a short stay flat? You may find it more amenable and budget friendly than booking two hotel rooms. Let us know your budget in pounds, please, and your travel dates as December is rapidly approaching.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,393 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: london suites

I agree with TP.

They aren't common, and those that do offer them are very expensive IME. The suggestion of adjoining or interconnecting rooms is much easier, or an apartment is a great idea.

Edited: 20 November 2013, 04:20
U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,530 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: london suites

You posted previously about your stay; unless your dates have changed, you are still staying Dec. 17-28, in which case, for four people, you really want to look into a flat for a number of reasons.

1) It will give you communal space

2) It will be cheaper than two hotel rooms

3) It will likely save you money when you consider what you can save by having even just breakfast in the flat.

4) It will be *very* handy over Christmas, when few restaurants are open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Those that are need to be reserved for their special several course meal. You could certainly do one of these, but perhaps have fun on say, Christmas eve with a meal of your own, some crackers (the U.K. pull-apart kind, not the kind with cheese) a cozy fire, and the Downton Abbey Christmas special.

5) Many, if not most flats will have laundry facilities, which will mean you can pack lighter. Please remember that those numbers are in Celsius. I knew one lady who ruined her clothes believing that 30 was washing her clothes in freezing water (!!!)

Here is a list that should help you out. Post some of the top contenders.

https:/…

Best of luck!

Edited: 20 November 2013, 04:42
4. Re: london suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 05:17