We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tube station query/disability

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tube station query/disability

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. I need to get from Paddington to Perivale via the tube I know that I can take either the bakerloo line to oxford circus then the central line to Perivale or the circle line to notting hill gate and then the central line. My problem is that I'll have a suitcase with me and I have a disabilty so I'm concerned about the amount of steps etc. Can anyone recommend the best way to go that may have a lift, or not too many steps etc. I can manage the steps without the suitcase or the suitcase without the steps but will struggle with both due to my disability.

I hope someone can help me.

Thank you

Julie

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,694 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tube station query/disability

You might find the following helpful (it's all about accessibility on the London transport system) - tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…1167.aspx

It seems your disability is relatively mild and you can manage stairs. For help with your case look a bit overwhelmed. A gentleman (or lady) will very quickly offer to help you (in my experience).

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,361 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tube station query/disability

Julie,

There isn't a step free access station close by so I'm inclined ask for help with your case like jdbri suggests. I'm sure you'll find people happy to help.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,078 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tube station query/disability

Even easier - take the train to South Greenford, then 95 bus to Perivale. no steps at all and you can book your train ticket to South Greenford from home (well according to the advanced journeyplanner)

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk

Wales
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tube station query/disability

Thanks for all your advice, I've done a bit more researching and it looks as though the lift will take me down to the Bakerloo line and if this is true then it won' be as bad as i'm building it up to be. I already have assistance off the 'big' train booked so maybe they can also help me down to the subway if need be.

Really appreciate the help.

thank you

Julie

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tube station query/disability

I think you will have difficulty changing at Oxford Circus and getting out of the station at Perivale. I don't think either are possible without stairs - not huge flights but enough to be a nuisance.

www.directenquiries.com/default.aspx?tbclr=1

might be useful if you were not already aware of it.

No lift at Paddington BTW - it's an escalator. Would that be a problem?

6. Re: Tube station query/disability

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2014, 05:18