We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London with a 5 year old

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
London with a 5 year old

I am taking my 5 1/2 yr old daughter to london in easter and would like to go to charlie and the chocolate factory musical but the age recommendations say 7+. Anyone seen this? What do you think about taking a 5 year old to this. The trailer for this make it look quite dark and spooky? What about matilta as an alternative?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London with a 5 year old

Try this link timeout.com/london/kids/activities/childrens…

Would not have thought that Charlie and the chocolate factory would have such an age limit on it but plenty on this link that are appropriate for your little one.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,036 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London with a 5 year old

My vote is for Lion King (for 5 year old). My daughter was 5 when she saw it and she loved it!

Yuri.

Roeselare, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London with a 5 year old

Our youngest was 4 when he saw Matilda and 5 when we took him to Charlie. Both were highlights for him, and I'm sure he couldn't possibly prefer one above the other if we asked him which one he'd like to see again.

There's a dark edge to Roald Dahl's stories anyway, but it didn't feel like any of the material was disturbing for a child. Both books (and shows) are uplifting stories about an unlikely hero, transcending his/her limits.

Personally, as an adult, I'm all won for Matilda, but I can see how Charlie works magic for kids too. And Charlie's visuals are stunning enough to keep the parents entertained as well ;-)

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London with a 5 year old

Thanks for this answer - really wanted someone who'd been opinion

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London with a 5 year old

Thank you for these replies

6. Re: London with a 5 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2014, 05:16