We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Pancras Question

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
St Pancras Question

Hi All

I'm trying to get from Rye to Paris on a Sunday (23 March). The lovely folk at Eurostar have decided to cancel services from Ashford on this day for engineering work so we have to go back to London.

Could we make this:

Dep Rye 7:43am, Arr St Pancras 8:51am (platform 12)

Dep St Pancras 9:22am Eurostar

It would give us 31 scheduled minutes. I used to live in London and seem to remember being able to check-in online for the Eurostar and go quickly through the Eurostar check-in. We're on NZ and AU passports.

Thanks

Ash

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,264 reviews
from US$126.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
461 reviews
from US$105.20*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,087 reviews
from US$149.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$300.60*
Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,659 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Pancras Question

Don't think you'd make it --- see eurostar.com/uk-en/….UpPNftLxrPQ

Quite apart from any delays on the London-ward journey....

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,293 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Pancras Question

It's only a five minute walk from platform 12 to the Eurostar check in area so if your incoming train is on time and you have printed off your tickets then you should just about make it but it's a biggish if and I would be happier taking the next train at 10.25.

eurostar.com/uk-en/….UpPNl-JZhX8

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,375 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Pancras Question

>>The lovely folk at Eurostar have decided to cancel services from Ashford on this day for engineering work so we have to go back to London.<<

Yes, I'm sure they just did it to piss you off.......You do realise the sometimes the railway needs maintaining? There are hardly any regular Eurostars from Ashford anyway.

Also, how can you "chec- in" online? There is no check-in as such (even though Eurostar calls it that), you just put your ticket in the barrier, then show your passport and go through security. I don't see how any of that could be done online.

Also 30 minutes is the minimum check-in time, so you would be cutting if fine.

You should make sure your train tickets to London are routed "London (CIV)" then you will be protectedif your London train is late, as long as you leave an adequate changing time.

Edited: 25 November 2013, 22:29
Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Pancras Question

Gah. We might as well go from Rye to Ebbsfleet.

We only have one night in Paris (after one night in London, two nights Rye - coming from Aus for a wedding) and was originally going to get a train from Ashford which got us there at 11:47.

Dep Rye 8:41am, Arr Ebbsfleet 9:32am

Dep Ebbsfleet 10:35am, Arr Paris 1:47pm

I think this is more relaxed/makes more sense. Just have to suck up missing out on some time in Paris.

London
Level Contributor
10,817 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Pancras Question

I think you have almost no chance of making that connection.

You might also want to check your options picking up Eurostar at Ebbsfleet, which you'd pass through en route to St Pancras.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St Pancras Question

>>Yes, I'm sure they just did it to piss you off.......You do realise the sometimes the railway needs maintaining? There are hardly any regular Eurostars from Ashford anyway.<<

Don't understand when someone is being a bit tongue-in-cheek?

Thanks for the input though.

7. Re: St Pancras Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 05:16