We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transportation during 26/12-02/1

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 posts
Save Topic
public transportation during 26/12-02/1

Hello,

I'm going to a trip with my family during the date of 26/12-02/1 in London.

I read that there are some transportation issues across the capital (i'm talking about public transportation) and for some reason i cant order travelcards for those dates.t

Can you give me some info about the topic, as well what can i do in London in those dates?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,666 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: public transportation during 26/12-02/1

All on the TfL website - but I don't understand your comment about ordering Travelcards in advance as normally you buy when you reach London

tfl.gov.uk/assets/…festive-leaflet.pdf

2. Re: public transportation during 26/12-02/1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 12:21
Edited: 15 May 2014, 12:21
3. Re: public transportation during 26/12-02/1

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,530 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: public transportation during 26/12-02/1

Travelcards are freely available in London when you arrive, do not purchase them in advance as you will pay more.

London has a full public transport service from 06.00 on 26th December, albeit on weekend schedules (and as routes are so frequent in the Centre of London anyway, that won't matter).

The only problem you may have is that most National Rail services will not operate on 26th December, but again if you are staying in the centre of London that day, it won't matter.

Tel Aviv, Israel
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: public transportation during 26/12-02/1

Hey thank you for the fast respond... We are 4 adults and we'd like to know what London has to offer in the spirts of the holiday (:

6. Re: public transportation during 26/12-02/1

London
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: public transportation during 26/12-02/1

On Boxing Day transport in London will start a bit later, first tubes and buses will start running at 8.30am so don't plan to be up too early!

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: public transportation during 26/12-02/1

AlanR - don't know what year your leaflet comes from - looks like 2011 to me from the days of the week/dates

There WILL be some differences this year

9. Re: public transportation during 26/12-02/1

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 06:18