We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opening times of London tube service in Christmas

Hk
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Topic
Opening times of London tube service in Christmas

Where can I find the opening time of London tube and bus service on 24/12 and 26/12 ?

Thanks

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,463 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opening times of London tube service in Christmas

www.tfl.gov.uk

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,619 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opening times of London tube service in Christmas

The tfl site listed in post 1 will have the information when it's available. Based on previous years, it will be published within the next week or so. But it is not yet available.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,382 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Opening times of London tube service in Christmas

That's where you should be able to find details - but they are not actually there yet

Or if they are I challenge you to find them

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Opening times of London tube service in Christmas

It's usually about the second week of December before detailed timetables are produced.

Negotiations with unions usually need to be finalised, there's been a threat of some strikes on the tube on Boxing Day (the threat's a standard part of our Christmas culture: the outcome of the threat varies, though) and the precise details of trains (which TfL doesn't control, but with which it shares a lot of track) have only just been sorted.

There's a broad summary at timeout.com/london/things-to-do/transport-in…

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,890 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Opening times of London tube service in Christmas

As a very general rule:

No bus or Underground services between midnight on the night of 24/25 December, until 06.00 on 26th December.

If you have a specific route/line/journey in mind, ask and I will see if I can help.

6. Re: Opening times of London tube service in Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 06:17