We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to Cambridge

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hk
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Topic
London to Cambridge

Way to travel from London to Cambridge in December , train or coach? Please advise

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,618 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London to Cambridge

Take a First Capital Connect train from London King's Cross station. No need to book in advance, Off Peak return fare is £23.

London, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: London to Cambridge

I think best to get train from Paddington to Cambridge and its cpst u less and bit cheaper aswell. If u like to travell on bus than uou can get it from Victoria coach station and its very cheap not more than £10.

😊

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
468 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: London to Cambridge

Trains do not go from Paddington to Cambridge so ignore immi's advice.

TP is correct. There are frequent trains from Kings Cross to Cambridge , journey time approx one hour.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,664 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: London to Cambridge

Are you starting from "London" or an airport?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,618 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London to Cambridge

A quick search shows that Pw C tends to ask questions and never return thereafter. S/he will be travelling with at least one other person, but whether the start point will be from St Pancras having travelled by Eurostar or from one of London's airports remains a mystery.

Hk
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: London to Cambridge

Thanks all for the useful info!

I will be traveling from London , perhaps from Leicester square

Sorry that I didn't get back to the messages frequently because I was very busy at work recently and now finally have some (not much :( )time to do more search for info regarding the coming trip

So all your advices are greatly appreciated!

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
6,911 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London to Cambridge

If you catch the fast non-stopping train, travel time is only 46 minutes, as opposed to an hour plus for the stopping service

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London to Cambridge

Fast services are at quarter past and quarter to the hour from King's Cross - xx:15 and xx:45

They might be advertised 'Cambridge Express' if the final destination is King's Lynn.

Don't be tempted to get on any other train - they are stoppers and get overtaken en route!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London to Cambridge

I'd agree that for journey times, but the slower Greater Anglia trains from Liverpool Street when the new ones do operate do have free wifi onboard, and full height seats with tables in standard where there's barly any kind of table on FCC - I've used both and know about this. If the older Greater Anglia trains run, which they have been they don't have this.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
6,911 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: London to Cambridge

>>I'd agree that for journey times, but the slower Greater Anglia trains from Liverpool Street when the new ones do operate do have free wifi onboard, and full height seats with tables in standard where there's barly any kind of table on FCC - I've used both and know about this. If the older Greater Anglia trains run, which they have been they don't have this.<<

WiFi is only in Intercity trains, and Intercity trains don't run to Cambridge. Also, one has to pay to use the WIFi if one is in Standard Class. Not only that, the journey is a lot longer than the one from King's Cross.

I think your entire post is talking about IC trains, which like I said don't run to Cambridge.