We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Stansted Airport on Boxing Day

Exeter, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Transport to Stansted Airport on Boxing Day

Hey,

I made the mistake and booked a flight from Stansted Airport on Boxing Day.

Does anyone have any insiders' tips on how to get there?

The only relatively affordable way I could find was City Airport Taxis.

Many thanks & if anyone else needs to get to Stansted, let me know, together it might be cheaper!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from US$125.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
439 reviews
from US$104.40*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,069 reviews
from US$148.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
628 reviews
from US$100.10*
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,598 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to Stansted Airport on Boxing Day

Are you looking to travel from Exeter to Stansted on Boxing Day? If not, where is your start point, please? At what time does your flight depart and with what airline?

2. Re: Transport to Stansted Airport on Boxing Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 12:21
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,356 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to Stansted Airport on Boxing Day

Stansted Express trains and National Express coaches will be operating on Boxing Day.

Exeter, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to Stansted Airport on Boxing Day

Sorry, didn't make it clear.

I have to get from London (probably Bow) to Stansted and my flight leaves at 8:30pm.

So do the Stansted Express & National Express websites only say that there's no service as they're not sure yet? I'd definitely prefer to use one of these, but thought their not going and I have to take a taxi (which is too expensive).

Exeter, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport to Stansted Airport on Boxing Day

Oh no, I just realised, I wrote Boxing Day.

I'm so sorry, it was far too late yesterday.

I need to get to Stansted Airport on Christmas Day from the London (City, probably Bow) and my flight leaves at 8:30pm.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,384 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport to Stansted Airport on Boxing Day

On Christmas Day a cab will be the only way to Stansted - National Express and the Stansted Express are sure they are not running. As are Easybus and Terravision.

Exeter, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport to Stansted Airport on Boxing Day

okay, thank you all so much and sorry for the chaos!

8. Re: Transport to Stansted Airport on Boxing Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2014, 06:19