We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent ask for the transport for my 1st visit in London:)

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Urgent ask for the transport for my 1st visit in London:)

Hello all ,

It gonna be my first time to London,

I would like to know which will be the cheap and convenience way to

1. go from London HEATHROW airport to london city center, can i use the one day pass for this trip?

2. go from London city center to Crawley hotel Ramada Plaza London Gatwick?

Thank you all!

Kate

11. Re: Urgent ask for the transport for my 1st visit in London:)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2013, 13:07
London, United...
Level Contributor
12,831 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Urgent ask for the transport for my 1st visit in London:)

> Well I'm a black taxi driver...

You don't say.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,093 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Urgent ask for the transport for my 1st visit in London:)

The OP asked for cheap. She didn't say she is arriving at 2 a.m. with six huge suitcases, infant triplets, and grandma. So why would anyone assume that a taxi is the first choice?

14. Re: Urgent ask for the transport for my 1st visit in London:)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2013, 13:07
London, United...
Level Contributor
12,831 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Urgent ask for the transport for my 1st visit in London:)

> Hence I know what I'm talking about.

You're entitled to your opinion.

London
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Urgent ask for the transport for my 1st visit in London:)

Do you not think that being a proper black taxi driver makes your opinion slightly biased and hence you don't know enough of what you're talking about to offer a fair and reasonsed opinion?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,628 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Urgent ask for the transport for my 1st visit in London:)

A taxi driver is going to be biased because, by definition, all the passengers he deals with have decided (for whatever reason) to travel by taxi.

I have never taken a taxi to/from Heathrow, even when travelling for work when I probably could have got my employer to pay for it. I don't travel with more luggage than I can personally wrangle and I appreciate the fact that the tube doesn't risk getting stuck in traffic. (Yes, there can be delays on the tube, but I would reckon they're less frequent than bad traffic on the M4.)

Given that the OP asked for "cheap", a £70+ black cab ride is almost certainly not what she's looking for, especially for a journey to Russell Square, which is on the Piccadilly line and therefore a straight shot from Heathrow on the tube.

Has anyone answered the question about Crawley? The easiest way will be an FCC train from St Pancras (short walk or bus/taxi ride from Russell Square). I'm not sure the FCC trains call at Crawley, so a change at East Croydon might be necessary.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,231 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Urgent ask for the transport for my 1st visit in London:)

>> I'm not sure the FCC trains call at Crawley<<

That is correct, they don't. Crawley is on a different line.

Level Contributor
3,402 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Urgent ask for the transport for my 1st visit in London:)

Hence I know what I'm talking about.

---

no it doesn't, it means you have biased opinion based on self interest

London
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Urgent ask for the transport for my 1st visit in London:)

2. go from London city center to Crawley hotel Ramada Plaza London Gatwick?

Get the train from St Pancras (Thameslink) to Three Bridges, then taxi from Three Bridges station. What date are you travelling as there may be engineering work that will affect your journey.