We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab fare from Paddington station to london bridge

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
6 posts
Save Topic
Cab fare from Paddington station to london bridge

Greetings !

I am making a quick trip to London Bridge from heathrow terminal 5 during my layover time. I land at heathrow ~ 6am and my connecting flight leaves at 2pm.

I did some research and decided to take the express train (about 20 pounds one way) from terminal 5. It looks like there are two more trains to catch before I get to the bridge, however looking at the map it does not look like the bridge is too far from Paddington station, therefore I m planning to take a cab from Paddington to the bridge.

Any thoughts? and can some one give me an idea regarding the cab fares and anything to watch out for?

Much appreciated.

Thanks,

H

Edited: 06 December 2013, 15:14
Southampton
Level Contributor
4,014 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cab fare from Paddington station to london bridge

London Bridge is boring and concrete. I suspect you want to go to Tower Bridge. If that is the case, you can get the tube all the way from the airport to Tower Hill station.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,461 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cab fare from Paddington station to london bridge

Piccadilly Line Tube to Hammersmith, walk a few feet to the adjacent platform, District Line Tube to Tower Hill - 1h07m

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk & remove "rail"

But I'd suggest you get off at Westminster and leave by the Bridge Street exit as the views there are excellent & you can then continue your journey to Tower Hill

London
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cab fare from Paddington station to london bridge

It's going to be quite tight.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g186338-c195392/Lon…

May help.

Washington DC...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cab fare from Paddington station to london bridge

I truly appreciate your responses.. I thought London bridge was the one which was most talked about, now I know I need to look for tower bridge.

The link you sent me says at least 7 hours is required and all I am trying to achieve is a quick glimpse and a selfie (with my daughter) and back to the airport keeping in mind the long security lines, long walks etc.,

So, would taking a roundtrip cab from Paddington to tower bridge (5 min pitstop and back to station) make sense? what would be the normal fare for this? - thanks all

Edited: 06 December 2013, 15:50
London, United...
Level Contributor
958 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cab fare from Paddington station to london bridge

Approximately £15.00 each way. Journey in cab would take 20/25 minutes depending on traffic. Your decision but I'd take the tube. Or, tube to Westminster, spend 10 minutes in Parliament Sq, then cab/tube to Tower Hill for the bridge and then back to heathrow by underground.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,714 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cab fare from Paddington station to london bridge

Harsh V - drop the idea of HEX and Paddington - it's well out of the way and by the time you pay 2 train fares plus cab you might as well get a car service.

Get the tube as outlined in post 2, currently £5.50 cash fare per person each way though you will have to watch the time and if your flight is late in or there are delays in immigration you may have to drop the idea.

London
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cab fare from Paddington station to london bridge

Is this your first time to London?

Washington DC...
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cab fare from Paddington station to london bridge

Yes, first time in London.

I like the idea of taking the tube after going through your responses carefully. I was avoiding the tube since I was under the impression that there were too many transfers. But from first 2 reponses, it seems like it is the optimal option since there are no transfers and just one train all the way to tower station.

Yes, I will drop the whole plan if dont get on the tube before 8:30a. Thanks for that tip I will keep that in mind.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,714 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cab fare from Paddington station to london bridge

since there are no transfers and just one train all the way to tower station.

-------------------

There are but it's an easy one (a few steps across a platform) at Hammersmith. If by chance you have time you could as suggested get off at Westminster (for Big Ben, take exit 4) then turn left, cross Westminster Bridge and walk toward Tower Bridge. Return from Tower Hill by reversing the directions.

This will only work if it's not on a day when there are planned closures on the lines mentioned. When are you travelling?

Washington DC...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cab fare from Paddington station to london bridge

Thanks for pointing the transfer. (missed that one completely)

My travel date falls on Friday 13th Lol...