We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

have to change hotel - please help!

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
512 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
have to change hotel - please help!

Hello everyone

We are coming to London from 14th to 19th of August. We had booked 2 double rooms at Darlington Hyde Park 2 months ago after a lot of searching and following reviewsin this site, for the special price of 75 pound -it's an August promotion.

BUT now a friend wants to join us,and Darlington doesn't have a triple room available, and my friend can't afford 55 pounds for a single.

I am a bit upset and confused because I can't find a hotel with similar quality for that price in Paddington area. I chose that area bevcause we will cometo London from Oxford to Paddington station. Any suggestions will be much appreciated!!!

Thank you!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,954 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: have to change hotel - please help!

Have your friend find a single room in a cheaper hotel nearby. Ask the Darlington if there is one they would recommend.

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
512 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: have to change hotel - please help!

Hi and thanks for replying!

There is one, Cardiff hotel that has a good offer for a single and it's nearby. Any comments on that?

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: have to change hotel - please help!

The Cardiff hotel seems to get pretty good reviews on here, personally if you have your heart fixed on staying at the Darlington I would keep your reservation and have your friend stay somewhere else, as long as you are in the same area you don't necessarily have to be at the same hotel.

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
512 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: have to change hotel - please help!

Thank you!

I have already copntacted Cardiff hotel.

UK
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: have to change hotel - please help!

Personally rather than stay in a hotel on the main bus route I would look 700 yds up the road try Ken park Gardens overlooking a square with lovely leafy trees & the birds in lieu of dieslel fumes squeaky brakes. grubby shops. Know location of Darl fascinated to know what it has to attract so much eulogistic praise.

Poor location grubby shops but building looks nice .

Will go there to stay & write a report see mine about Phoenix & Cumberland at KPG

Good luck

Gerlis

Canada
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: have to change hotel - please help!

Gerlis: can you provide the full name of the "Cumberland at KPG" you refer to? I would like to read your review. The Phoenix I was able to find. Thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: have to change hotel - please help!

With pleasure may take me some time

as am not as good on computer skill as on hotel restaurants

so will plough thro my anti spam folder where tA gets diverted by my security s/ware. gerlis

UK
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: have to change hotel - please help!

I traced it.I live in London became perturbed about the quaint reviews re restaurants & hotels l

..So stayed in two myself so I could write a report on personal experience not relying on some magazine written by a teen aged scribbler awaiting advertising revenus from place recommended.

Hotel Garden Court my review is headed "perfectly adequate PQR" . I beleive price quality & rapport cover most contingencies .

eg iif in Ritz I expect my room to have bells marked valet Housekeeper/maid & when I press it someone turns up to attend to me even to unpack my case if am worn out.. After two hours staff address me by my name . Pure linen sheets not cottonNot always available in some american so called 5 star I could not care less if the beauty room /spa spends thousands annointing one with nourishing cream { useless according to a dermatologist friend] nor wizz kid hairdresser . & charging one a fortune

Modest hotel cleanliness reasonaby courtesy do not expect someone ro carrry my case or other services. pleasant location not on top of bus route etc.

Of the two I wrote reviews the Phoenix is the better

If fI do no better than adjusting the the odds for tourists from afar I am happy

Good luck Gerlis

Canada
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: have to change hotel - please help!

Thanks. The Phoenix was already on my list of possibles for future visit, but the other is one I'll take a close look at.

10. Re: have to change hotel - please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 01:19