We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park and ride near A12

Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Park and ride near A12

Hi,

I would like to go to the winterwonderland (hyde Park in London.

I will be travelling from Lowestoft(A12) and I would like to park and ride in?

Can anybody help?

Thanks.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,278 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park and ride near A12

What day of the week will it be?

Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park and ride near A12

Probably a Saturday.

Rick

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,480 posts
358 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park and ride near A12

Leytonstone or Snaresbrook tube stations both just off the A12. Not on a working day, though!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,715 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park and ride near A12

Lincoln's Inn. Just read the notices round the square as different sides have different rules.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park and ride near A12

Some options I have used are:

Newbury Park station Central line: its adjacent to the A12 has a large car park with a smaller one at the rear.

Redbridge tube station Central line: adjacent to the A12 and A406 convenient for the London end of the M11 if required.

Also consider using Shenfield station on the Liverpool Street line, which has reasonable access to the A12, there are several fast trains an hour, with journey time approx 25 mins. On Saturdays there was normally unrestricted on-street parking nearby.

Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Park and ride near A12

I assume it is busy during the week?

Rick

Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Park and ride near A12

Thanks very much.

I will have a look at these options.

Regards,

Rick.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Park and ride near A12

The stations car parks mentioned are all commuter stations, so they tend to fill up early on a weekday morning. Spaces might become available during the day, but they are mainly full 8-6 weekdays. The week immediately after Christmas might be quieter.

I would opt for Leytonstone over Newbury Park, Redbridge and Snaresbrook because the other 3 are on branch lines whereas all Central line trains stop at Leytonstone before the branches diverge.

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,480 posts
358 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Park and ride near A12

I passed Leytonstone yesterday during the day and it had spaces. This may be because until recently it was closed so asto store tracklaying equipment and the public haven't sussed it!

I wouldn't worry about the Central Line branch issue as there is a train approx every 4 min over both branches

Loughton generally also has spaces on working days but not Epping as half Essex drives in to park there

IMO Shenfield not worth considering as it has much higher fares

London, England
Level Contributor
8,438 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Park and ride near A12

You could also look at parkatmyhouse.com I've used them a few times now and have been very pleased with the places we have parked.

Also, many of the roads around Stamford Hill in north east London don't have yellow lines, not too far from A12 You could park in one of the streets and take a number 73 bus direct to Hyde Park.