We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation Area Advice

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
34 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation Area Advice

Hi, Just looking for advice on the best area and any cheap accomodation for a couple of nights in London.

I am flying into Gatwick on a Friday evening 27th December and staying 2 nights. I will be attending a wedding with the church and hotel reception in Mayfair.

What area would people recommend that would suit someone flying in and out of Gatwick, attending a wedding in Mayfair, easy to get to and from Mayfair and the Airport and also with cheap basic accomodation.

Also being close to a decent bit of nightlife on the Friday night would be great.

Thanks in advance

Edited: 10 December 2013, 22:03
Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
18,248 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation Area Advice

How long ago did you get this wedding invite?

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation Area Advice

Possibly Croydon according to one of your compatriots tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k703…

Only joking.

I would just start looking at cheap hotel chains and see who has got availability I don't think you have the luxury of picking and choosing areas, try Travelodge, premier inn, easy hotel.

Also just work your way down the list of hotels, pick ones in your budget range, contact and ask for availability.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,530 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation Area Advice

With flights to Gatwick you could take the train to London Bridge or Blackfriars. From there, consider the Premier Inn Monument, a new hotel (opened last month) with rooms for £112 and £129 for your nights. The PI Old Street has rooms for £113 and £147 and would be worth a look as well.

WIth the rates at the Travelodge Tower Bridge £74 and £122 along with the TL City Road at £81 and £135, the rates at the (superior) PI don't seem too bad.

You could always opt for the TL Bethnal Green. The hotel opened earlier this year, still fairly new, and has rates of £60 and £68 for your two night stay. At that price you could use taxis to and from Mayfair and not feel the pinch in the notecase quite as much as with some other hotels.

Mentioned in this post
London Bridge
London Bridge
290 Reviews
London, UK
4. Re: Accomodation Area Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2014, 05:17