We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1week solo trip to london

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1week solo trip to london

Planning to go on march,alone...excited but yet scare to travel alone...

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,231 reviews
from US$125.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
436 reviews
from US$104.00*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,067 reviews
from US$147.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
624 reviews
from US$99.80*
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,198 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1week solo trip to london

Elaine - I've traveled to London solo about a dozen times. Always excited but never scared. I actually prefer to travel alone most of the time. I love the freedom to go where I want and do what I want when I want!

There are several women who frequent this forum that have done it a lot more than me. Be sure to ask if you have any questions or need help with anything.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,830 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1week solo trip to london

1. Grab/borrow/buy yourself a guidebook or two.

2. Add pen and paper.

3. Start looking through book(s) and make a note of everything you want to see.

Travel planing is fun.

London
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1week solo trip to london

www.walks.com

They are a good way to see London with other people, and their evening pub walks are very good and you don't have to drink alcohol. No-one gets drunk and it is a good opportunity to meet other people.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 1week solo trip to london

Tq guys for your supporting! There's nothing impossible if we r not putting effort in trying. Yeah, start to plan my trip from now!!!

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1week solo trip to london

I went a couple of years ago with my 11 year old son. My first time travelling without another adult and first time outside NA. I was very nervous too but had a great time and felt pretty safe the entire two weeks we were there. Didn't get to do much 'nightlife' stuff though which I will rectify the next time. Have a wonderful trip.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1week solo trip to london

I have travelled alone but not abroad so I take my hat off to you for that, the good thing is that you can do exactly what you want, when you want, and can meet other people - if you wish - on walking tours etc., or just log in to TA if you want to share a worry or ask a question.

You will love it.

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1week solo trip to london

London is fabulous solo!

I'm more of a concert than a nightclub person and have never felt unsafe in London, day or night.

Enjoy your planning, it's all part of the fun!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 1week solo trip to london

Working hard on this planning....tq for all ur support ^.^

Recently read an article, there is some words make me feel confident>>> u travel alone but U R NVR ALONE!!!

:D

9. Re: 1week solo trip to london

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2014, 05:18