We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi travel on Christmas day

San Jose
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi travel on Christmas day

Hello,

My son (5 year old) and I have a one-day stopover in London. We will be staying near the London eye and have pre-booked a return cab from heathrow to hotel and back (www.airportonly.co.uk - found them on yelp).

I would really like some help with suggestions/recommendations on a reliable cab/taxi company or person who can take us around to the main sights for a couple of hours.

I wouldnt even mind if I can work out a package where I get dropped/picked up from the airport and we go around visiting some sights for a few hours before getting dropped off at the hotel.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Tarak

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,715 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi travel on Christmas day

Have you asked Airportonly ?

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,320 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi travel on Christmas day

As the main sights will be closed on Christmas Day, a better idea might be just to walk around some of them. As you are staying near the London Eye, you are a few minutes walk from Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, St James's Park, Trafalgar Square and loads of other places.

3. Re: Taxi travel on Christmas day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2013, 14:06
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,844 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi travel on Christmas day

If you are staying near the London Eye then much of central London is in easy walking distance

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi travel on Christmas day

post 3

we do not use the Euro in London

and the O/P does not need a hire car

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,320 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi travel on Christmas day

Please ignore post #3, hiring a car in London is the worst idea.

And Euros will be almost as useless.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,967 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi travel on Christmas day

As seen on the Londonist Christmas Day thread, then Premium tours are running open top bus tours on the 25th

premiumtours.co.uk/tours/tour/classic-open-t…

Essex
Level Contributor
27,967 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi travel on Christmas day

There is also no congestion charge on Christmas day, although I still would not advocate renting a car....

9. Re: Taxi travel on Christmas day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2014, 05:17