We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking on Christmas Day

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Heacham
Level Contributor
29 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Parking on Christmas Day

Hi,

I'd love to see London on the one day it's going to be fairly quiet i.e. Christmas Day. I appreciate most places are closed having read information on this forum but would be happy to just see the key landmarks (Tower Bridge, Buckingham Palace etc etc). We'll be driving from Norfolk and I just wondered how easy (or difficult) it would be to park - is there on street metered parking in the centre/any car parks likely to be open. I don't want us to travel all that way to find we can't park easily.

Many thanks in advance :)

Lynda

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking on Christmas Day

You should have no difficulty parking on the street. Generally, metered or Pay-&-Display parking is free on public holidays. Best to check the machines to confirm this. However, yellow lines are still in operation.

Heacham
Level Contributor
29 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking on Christmas Day

Thanks for that quick reply.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,585 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking on Christmas Day

And no congestion charge.

London
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking on Christmas Day

I think I remember reading on the Westminster parking website that you can "park anywhere" on Christmas day. I assume they mean within reason! On Boxing day it's the same rules as Sunday, so technically Christmas day should be even less restrictive, and you should have no problem parking.

London
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking on Christmas Day

westminster.gov.uk/services/…

That's the webpage I found before. So there are no controls on Christmas day in Westminster. If you are parking in any other boroughs you should check, but I doubt there will be any restrictions elsewhere.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,890 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking on Christmas Day

Hi Lynda,

Here is a link to Westminster Parking rules

However, if you arrive too early you could find yourself blocked in by a large sleigh and possible reindeer hoof marks on your bonnet!!

Have a great day

Bob

London
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking on Christmas Day

That's the webpage I found before. So there are no controls on Christmas day in Westminster. If you are parking in any other boroughs you should check, but I doubt there will be any restrictions elsewhere.

Edited: 23 December 2013, 10:29
London, United...
Level Contributor
12,694 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking on Christmas Day

> If you are parking in any other boroughs you should check, but I doubt there will be any restrictions elsewhere.

I read somewhere that Camden will be treating Christmas Day as a Bank Holiday and so will be enforcing.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking on Christmas Day

If you stay off the red routes, double yellows and 24hr permit holders, you'll be fine.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,807 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking on Christmas Day

Just for Bri - http://tinyurl.com/nuhupsr

Edited: 23 December 2013, 14:38